Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

4761 - 4778 of 4778 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
How much of it was burned? I thought I heard that the fires up there a couple of weeks ago took a good amount of it out. I've only ever been up there in my truck, but I want to take the V up there by way of the 38 to hit all of the twisties.
Not much was burned. We come up from Riverside, I think we take the 60 to the 215 and exit Oak Glen parkway. The 38 is coming from Big Bear right? There was a few twisties but you can't really go to fast. Your pretty much in the town once the turns start coming up. Some of the Orchards burned but for the most part everything was open.

·
"V"roooooom
34 Posts
Upgraded from V2 to V3

·
"V"roooooom
34 Posts
2011 and I got 19k for it cause it had structural damage on carfax... it was reported a year after i bought it. I was really wanting a v3

Reactions: MYV

·
Registered
228 Posts
2011 and I got 19k for it cause it had structural damage on carfax... it was reported a year after i bought it. I was really wanting a v3
Just saw your Sig. "Stock"

That's pretty good for having damage reported, Not sure of your miles but i'm sure that played a big roll in the 19k. Awesome car, You may need to change your user name now haha. Congrats!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Not much was burned. We come up from Riverside, I think we take the 60 to the 215 and exit Oak Glen parkway. The 38 is coming from Big Bear right? There was a few twisties but you can't really go to fast. Your pretty much in the town once the turns start coming up. Some of the Orchards burned but for the most part everything was open.
I'm glad to hear that not much burned, that place is cool for a quick family day trip. I'm in Corona, so I normally do the same as you when I head that way. I figured make a spirted drive of it and go the long way around by heading toward Big Bear first.

·
Registered
228 Posts
That would be fun. If you decide to go, let me know and we'll take a drive up there on the 38. Maybe some of the other local guys maybe interested also. Make a fun day out of it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Went on a cruise with @BV_Mully on Ortega Hwy. On the way to the San Clemente Cars and Coffee. It was a blast to drive with and meet BV_Mully. The Cars and Coffee had a huge V turn out.
View attachment 147933
Hell yeah man, it was a good time. We'll do it again soon. I might need to pony up some cash and buy some photos from that guy as well.

Nice! I was there too. Someone counted 89 V's showed up 😳
We were talking about how we never see any V's at car show before we got there, then boom! That was probably more V's than I've seen ever driving on the road. We got there too late and had to park in the structure.

·
"V"roooooom
34 Posts
respectfully, is it really an upgrade?
Yes, it is to me. The technology will blow you away with all the differences. From the gauge cluster to the radio/Cadillac Que. Launch control, etc. The list goes on.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
444 Posts
Yes, it is to me. The technology will blow you away with all the differences. From the gauge cluster to the radio/Cadillac Que. Launch control, etc. The list goes on.

i test drove one and found it was very long and lacked the "intensity" for lack of better words the V2 has. either way, your car is awesome.

·
"V"roooooom
34 Posts
i test drove one and found it was very long and lacked the "intensity" for lack of better words the V2 has. either way, your car is awesome.
Thanks man...but with me saying all that, I still love the V2. I'm not a fan of the V3s going into v3 mode while driving. Did you play with the different modes while test driving the V3?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Thanks man...but with me saying all that, I still love the V2. I'm not a fan of the V3s going into v3 mode while driving. Did you play with the different modes while test driving the V3?

the v3 is too long and lacks the driver contribution i feel we all appreciate. to your point of the modes. that is exactly my point, too much unneeded software intervention.haha

4761 - 4778 of 4778 Posts