Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
09 V with 90k on the odo as of today. 2.5 upper/new era 4in full CAI, full kooks front to back with elec cutouts, misc other non important to this topic. 562 w/605tq. My question is back in the summer upon decel she would blue smoke a little and under WOT would blackish smoke a little. I got it retuned and its running perfectly. How long do there motors go without needing a refresh as when that happens Im going to cam it and e85/injectors.? Should I get a leak down test now to check for health?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh I understand the great amount of variables I just wonder how long these motors can go. I see so many rebuilds all the time but those are usually people going big. with this as my daily I want reliable first as I just love driving the thing too much!

·
Vendor
12,965 Posts
Oh I understand the great amount of variables I just wonder how long these motors can go. I see so many rebuilds all the time but those are usually people going big. with this as my daily I want reliable first as I just love driving the thing too much!
I suppose one could last 200K if mild enough and dialed in. That definitely depends on how the first 90K went though.

·
Registered
618 Posts
'09 V here, 128k miles: 2.4 pulley, upgraded IC pump, tune, cat back, e85, ID1050's. I drive it on the floor all the time and blame everything on the tires. No problems yet (knock on wood).

·
Registered
340 Posts
I'm at over 90k and I'm about to swap cam and adding heads.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
294 Posts
You aren't running any crazy combo of mods that would make it obvious the engine will have a shortened life. Like already mentioned, a compression and leak down test will give you a good indication of current health. And like dBomm said, sounds like valve guide seals.

Even if oil is getting by the seals, as long as you're keeping oil up to capacity and doing regular maintenance, no reason an LS engine shouldn't last past 150k miles no problem. I know plenty of people with LS vehicles where they beat the hell out of them and don't keep up on maintenance like they should and they're still sitting over 200k on the original engine.

Reactions: MYV

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
good good thanks for everyone that chimed in. Having FIC1ks put in soon so ll have them do the leak down tests for my peace of mind!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts