Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys!

looking for some advise here:

I have V2 sedan with a factory wheels. Want to get a more aggressive stance for my daily.

Was looking to install Eibach sedan springs and spacers to push out the wheels. Anyone has this set up? Any issues with rubbing? Do fenders need to be rolled? What spacers to get? Any feedback alone with a ride quality would be great

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
Karch is the authority on stance.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Ride quality on Eibachs is still very good with improved handling and a more aggressive look...plus they’re pretty easy to put on (with right tools, no compressors required). There’s a great “how to” thread on that. As for spacers, try Adaptech. Excellent quality, hub centric, reasonable price. You can safely run up to 5 mm slip on type without any issue. More than that requires longer studs. 5 mm doesn’t sound like much, but coupled with the Eibachs it gave me the exact look I wanted...very subtle. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I run that setup with 15 mm bolt-on spacers - no significant troubles except when the car is full of people and it will rub the sidewall/edge of the tire. Nothing destructive. Also with spacers you have to keep an eye on stuff kicking up from the tires which now are spaced out past the fenders and aim debris at the paint! I added some clear vinyl wrap in a couple areas behind all of the wheels to protect the paint. With smaller spacers you may get away with no vinyl.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
I run that setup with 15 mm bolt-on spacers - no significant troubles except when the car is full of people and it will rub the sidewall/edge of the tire. Nothing destructive. Also with spacers you have to keep an eye on stuff kicking up from the tires which now are spaced out past the fenders and aim debris at the paint! I added some clear vinyl wrap in a couple areas behind all of the wheels to protect the paint. With smaller spacers you may get away with no vinyl.
Can confirm, I had the same experience when I was on stock wheels.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have this same step up on my sedan, thanks to JrV I felt very confident with this set up on stock rims and oem tire size. Went with 15mm bolt on Hubcentric spacers ( all four corners) Eibach coupe springs (uncut) and picked up some rocker pannels to help protect that paint. All-n-all the car rides great, feels pretty firm without bounce. If you plan on getting 20" rims in the future, I highly doubt you can use the spacers.

I feel it's the best exterior mod you can do. V looks mean and aggressive from all angles. There is a thread on here about getting lock outs to keep the alignment from falling out of spec but that's another topic.

If your on the fence about doing it.......DO IT, you won't regret it. You might just have to give driveways that extra angle when pulling in and out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have this same step up on my sedan, thanks to JrV I felt very confident with this set up on stock rims and oem tire size. Went with 15mm bolt on Hubcentric spacers ( all four corners) Eibach coupe springs (uncut) and picked up some rocker pannels to help protect that paint. All-n-all the car rides great, feels pretty firm without bounce. If you plan on getting 20" rims in the future, I highly doubt you can use the spacers.

I feel it's the best exterior mod you can do. V looks mean and aggressive from all angles. There is a thread on here about getting lock outs to keep the alignment from falling out of spec but that's another topic.

If your on the fence about doing it.......DO IT, you won't regret it. You might just have to give driveways that extra angle when pulling in and out.
What spacers are you guys running? link?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hi Guys!

looking for some advise here:

I have V2 sedan with a factory wheels. Want to get a more aggressive stance for my daily.

Was looking to install Eibach sedan springs and spacers to push out the wheels. Anyone has this set up? Any issues with rubbing? Do fenders need to be rolled? What spacers to get? Any feedback alone with a ride quality would be great
I just did my wheels and removed my spacers. Had custom made and was going to post it up for sale, they of course are used but will do the job. Still haven't decided a price.
Not sure if you ccx an tell fit by this pic...
Let me know if interested

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm lowered with 305/30 with 20mm spacer, it makes the coupe look badass. That being said if I run 35 series it rubs pretty bad when I hit the back roads hard but daily driving it's ok unless you hit one of those bad bumps that jumps out at us from time to time

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm lowered with 305/30 with 20mm spacer, it makes the coupe look badass. That being said if I run 35 series it rubs pretty bad when I hit the back roads hard but daily driving it's ok unless you hit one of those bad bumps that jumps out at us from time to time
Post up some pics of that bad boy in the CTS-V picture section (Everyday V pictures)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts