Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2011 V, 137k miles. ABS light, TC light, stabilitrak off every time I start the car up. I have checked multiple grounds, tested both ground cables connecting the EBCM as well, no issues. It seems like I will have to replace the EBCM but I don't have the capability to program a new one so I'm avoiding it until absolutely necessary. Just curious if anyone else has had a similar issue. I've searched the forums but haven't found anyone with the same code (c0110), I've seen similar issues as far as the dash lights but all seemed to be a ground issue. any info helps, Thanks!

EDIT: I managed to get the new ECBM installed and working tonight, my service lights are gone! I plan to write up everything I did in the process in the next couple of days and hopefully can help some of you guys out!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am having a similar issue with my car. i just posted a thread up about mine with all the codes and lights that mine is showing. I am also thinking i might have to replace my module. I work at a cadillac dealer and the parts department told me the module is on back order and we have no idea when we will be able to get one for mine, so this might be something we have to deal with for a while. The link to my post is “https://www.ctsvowners.com/threads/abs-loss-communication-issues.157750/“ if you want to check it out and see of yours is having the same issues as mine.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Checking the ground cables how?
The "best way" to check a ground cable/connection is to attach a lead from your meter to battery negative (at the battery) and look at the voltage drop across the cable ends and what they connect to.
The bigger the voltage drop the bigger the problem.

The drop should be in millivolts and not many (25 +/- 15)

Anything close to 100mv is suspect IMO.

Of course, all circuits should be "on".

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Checking the ground cables how?
The "best way" to check a ground cable/connection is to attach a lead from your meter to battery negative (at the battery) and look at the voltage drop across the cable ends and what they connect to.
The bigger the voltage drop the bigger the problem.

The drop should be in millivolts and not many (25 +/- 15)

Anything close to 100mv is suspect IMO.

Of course, all circuits should be "on".
I've only checked them with a test light so far, grabbing a multimeter today and going through them again.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am having a similar issue with my car. i just posted a thread up about mine with all the codes and lights that mine is showing. I am also thinking i might have to replace my module. I work at a cadillac dealer and the parts department told me the module is on back order and we have no idea when we will be able to get one for mine, so this might be something we have to deal with for a while. The link to my post is “https://www.ctsvowners.com/threads/abs-loss-communication-issues.157750/“ if you want to check it out and see of yours is having the same issues as mine.
I haven't had any issues with power steering, yet at least. service suspension has came on occasionally but I assumed it was due to the mag ride deletes and it was very rare that it showed up. The past couple of days I noticed my car pulling hard left when coming to a stop also. I replaced all the fuses even though they all looked good anyway, new battery yesterday, and picked up a multimeter today to better check the grounds. I also bought a used EBCM from ebay that I'm going to make an attempt to install so we will see how that goes.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I haven't had any issues with power steering, yet at least. service suspension has came on occasionally but I assumed it was due to the mag ride deletes and it was very rare that it showed up. The past couple of days I noticed my car pulling hard left when coming to a stop also. I replaced all the fuses even though they all looked good anyway, new battery yesterday, and picked up a multimeter today to better check the grounds. I also bought a used EBCM from ebay that I'm going to make an attempt to install so we will see how that goes.
Let me know how everything goes after the install, I might have to hunt one down on ebay as well. You will need to take it to the dealer to get the module programmed to your car though, you cant just slap the module on, so be aware of that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Let me know how everything goes after the install, I might have to hunt one down on ebay as well. You will need to take it to the dealer to get the module programmed to your car though, you cant just slap the module on, so be aware of that.
Yeah I know I can’t just throw it on unfortunately, I’ve been debating just buying a tech 2 to do it myself and to have for convenience but that’s $$$

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.