Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys mounted up my welds with Mickey Thompson ET Streets r 305/45r17 . I’m not to fond of the wheel gap , From what I searched & read some guys say no on the 305 & others say slight rubbing when launching can any one clear this up for me ? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I am running 17" Welds with the same tires on stock shocks on my 2010 Sedan. They do not rub, but is very close. The PO rolled the fenders as well just in case.

I have also heard others say that lowering on Eibachs will rub, but I don't have any first hand experience with those.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am running 17" Welds with the same tires on stock shocks on my 2010 Sedan. They do not rub, but is very close. The PO rolled the fenders as well just in case.

I have also heard others say that lowering on Eibachs will rub, but I don't have any first hand experience with those.

View attachment 151795
Looks good that the stance id like , Ives also read that coupe springs give you more drop . With that being said are you running coupe or sedan Eibachs?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Somebody has to have a answer but I guess it’s too much of a noob question . I’ve used the search feature with no luck .
I believe that a coupe clears no problem because of the larger wheel wells but a sedan may have some issues.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Looks good that the stance id like , Ives also read that coupe springs give you more drop . With that being said are you running coupe or sedan Eibachs?
No Eibachs, I believe I have stock springs and shocks (that are possibly weeping some).

·
Registered
96 Posts
Took it around the block and the right rear is rubbing. Sounds like the fender liner. I’ll have to put it up in the air and take a look. Bummer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Took it around the block and the right rear is rubbing. Sounds like the fender liner. I’ll have to put it up in the air and take a look. Bummer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I was under my car the other day & the wheel well liner was rubbing on both ends on the inside .

·
Registered
96 Posts
So I figured out what was rubbing. The rear brake caliper crossover tube was rubbing the wheel weights lol. Getting wheels rebalanced with the weights further down the barrel and all should be well. Also managed to bend a lug taking them off lol. New lugs ordered too.

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
How are you folks clearancing 17” rear wheels? My calipers are now rubbing the wheel weights. What a nightmare!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts