Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
im going to use this method for mounting and wiring up my Ballenger AFR500, but I will have to cut up the cubby hole quite a bit more then Random did. I will post pictures once I have it in. the Ballenger is quite a bit bigger then Random's AFR box.

Reactions: subaru335i

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Subbed. My AFR500 is still stuck in the glove compartment.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
ill probably start messing with it this weekend. actually been trying to find the part number for the cubby so I can have a replacement when I fuck up mine...bound to happen. LOL

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
While you're at it, please take tons of photos! Lol

absolutely, ill be the test dummy. almost thought about starting a new how to, but why would I do that. Random did a pretty in depth one here. my next thing will be trying to get analog inputs into HP tuners standard. anyone got a photo of their HPtuners Pro motherboard they can send me?

·
Registered
923 Posts
I've got mine loose in the glove box. Sucks but I'm not willing to hack up the tray. Interested to see what u come up with. Really no good spot to put it in sight. And FYI for anyone doing the install there is a grommet that is easily excisable once the glove box is removed for a clean install of the harness

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I have ash tray options that will allow you to replace the stock ashtray box
Yeah! Does it have the gauge pod pre drilled or do you have one that is blank there with only the power supply pre drilled.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Ditto, Mine is in the glove box, but I would like to move it.

While you're at it, please take tons of photos! Lol

·
Registered
876 Posts
^^ I second that,Im planning to install mine in the glove box. But options are always good

·
Registered
876 Posts
Count me in as well depending on the time frame lol

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Alright fellas here you go. I was able to get the AFR500V2 to fit. After I took out the cubby I noticed that (looking at it from the front) the left side has the gear and spring to lift up the cover so I had to cut in the other direction. I cut away the right side near the power supply. I also had to file down the power supply and flip it 90 degrees and re-notch the cubby to get it to fit properly. Now the door to the power supply flips up.

I should have taken my time when cutting the cubby, because I cut into the hole for the power supply on accident. I would say that you can leave about an 1/8” to 1/4" there and still get by. It is a tight fit but should still fit. I cut the entire side down the power supply from both top to the bottom and cut the back out. I also cut the top back half to the cubby in about ½” (sorry I didn’t get a picture of it) because the AFR500 is pretty tall. I also used a razor blade to scratch off the fuzz on the bottom so I could attach the supplied Velcro tape. It seems to be a good fit.

To those who have not installed their AFR500V2 I suggest you start by pulling the cable from the engine compartment through the fender and grommet into the cab DO NOT try to pull the O2 sensor connector through the door jam (If you go the route the Random went) which I followed. The O2 sensor connector is too large to fit through and would most likely need to de-pinned from the connector. Others may have been able to force it but the connector for the AFR500 box easily fit through the grommet hole without any need to force it.

EDIT: 8/11/16, the door grommet/plug part number is GM 25883487 that both random and I used to route the cable through. I needed a replacement one and thought I would share that incase anyone else ever needs to get one.

Here is the shot of the cubby from the front. You can see I took too much off of it in a hurry. Be more carful then me. Good things is this part can be found a junk yard for not to much so im really not that worried about it. It is not noticeable with the AFR500 in place anyways

Heres a shot of the notch I put in it. I did it with a hand file. This plastic cuts really easily.

The lighter/power supply filed down on the left side if the door flips to the top, the way I repositioned it. FYI it was loose in the cubby seeing as how I fucked up the cutting but with the AFR inplace it seems pretty stable.

Here is the final product

ohh yeah before anyone asks...yes the cover shuts, I just didn't get a shot of it.

can somebody do me a huge favor and take a picture of their HPtuners pro motherboard and PM it to me? it only takes 4 screws to open up. I am thinking of trying to mod my standard and do a how to for the community provided it works. its not the fact that I don't want to pony up...well I don't but its the principle of 289 opposed to 150. if I could do the mod it might save some others some cash but I really need to see the pro motherboard to see if its even possible. a huge thank you in advance!

Reactions: Wrecked Em
41 - 60 of 79 Posts