Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a V2 ?? Tuner said order it like it would work on a V2 trying to find out now ...

·
Registered
851 Posts
Right now yes & cam but may just end up with a DDP 4.5 Air Intake ... Won't be anything done until sometime next year
10-4

After reading so much of Duck's contribution, I didn't think going that big would be of any real benefit until after the heads and SC are made to flow more.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Definitely the SC Intake/TB will have to be ported whether I go with heads and or a cam. Been talking to the Tuner & DDP Intake people & they say it will work & I should see a 25-40 hp/tq gain that was with a 102 so we thought we would try a 103 to see what if any difference it might make ... With heads Cam, TBody they are saying about 100 hp/tq gain, personally I think their stretching it but what do I know ...

·
Registered
851 Posts
Definitely the SC Intake/TB will have to be ported whether I go with heads and or a cam. Been talking to the Tuner & DDP Intake people & they say it will work & I should see a 25-40 hp/tq gain that was with a 102 so we thought we would try a 103 to see what if any difference it might make ... With heads Cam, TBody they are saying about 100 hp/tq gain, personally I think their stretching it but what do I know ...
I'm finally getting my cam package that I got a year ago from Matt (with supporting parts like 2" headers and 1300s) installed next week. Had to get treated for my throat dealio.

Maybe next year I'll do the heads and SC with bigger TB then.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Steve doesnt know it yet, but that tb is going to go on the Kong 2650 he's buying next year.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Steve doesnt know it yet, but that tb is going to go on the Kong 2650 he's buying next year.
lol ... No, I have no intentions at all of getting a Kong 2650, I'm not even remotely interested in one, they may or may not be the future for V owners but not my future. The only way I would ever end up with a Kong Blower is if I sold my car & bought one with it already installed ...

·
Premium Member
14,090 Posts
103mm. Exactly 1mm more powerful than what the Poors use (NW102)! :D

What's next, a 104mm?!?

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
And Granatelli is in the US and tend to make good products unlike some of the Chinese 102s.
Granatelli was the one of the originals to buy US parts and ship them off to be copied in China. I can assure you this isn't US made. I'm not sure he's ever made anything in the US. This is the same throttle body everyone else sells that's made in china.

In early 200x, I worked at a shop that was building turbo kits for mustangs. We were looking for K-members and my boss got a call from JR Granatelli. He brought us a Maximum motorsports K-member for fitment and said he was having them reproduced overseas for 1/3 of what MM charged.

·
Super Moderator
20,463 Posts
Granatelli was the one of the originals to buy US parts and ship them off to be copied in China. I can assure you this isn't US made. I'm not sure he's ever made anything in the US. This is the same throttle body everyone else sells that's made in china.

In early 200x, I worked at a shop that was building turbo kits for mustangs. We were looking for K-members and my boss got a call from JR Granatelli. He brought us a Maximum motorsports K-member for fitment and said he was having them reproduced overseas for 1/3 of what MM charged.

I did a short stint of getting some contract work for the manufacturer of Granatelli’s steel chassis parts, they were indeed made in China.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
851 Posts

Really.....that is informative. Thanks for the information.

·
Super Moderator
16,367 Posts
Wasn’t Granatelli the ones who scammed people on ignition coils making huge HP gains??

Not the most reputable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 32 Posts