Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys, since I switched to an E85 car, I found it hard to find local E85, and worse, actual E85 (E70-75-80 in reality) from the pumps that were still over an hour away from me.

VP is close(r) but expensive, and still a trip.

So I took it into my own hands and found a FUSE Fuels Ethanol Dealer

They carry 5 & 55 Gallon drums of E85R and E98R.

What separates Fuse from X85/X98 is the use of 100 octane unleaded.

So for those of us that want the power of C85 (comparably) but dont want the price, or cant because of the additives, E85R/E98R is the way to go.

In addition, they can get any other non E racing fuels if you order ahead of time.

https://www.facebook.com/DEthanolFuel/

[email protected]

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
So what’s the octane of their e85R? It’s not jumping out at me on Facebook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
2X 9 second club
11,148 Posts
Ft Meade auto ftw. I got it early this morning when the station was closed. 24/7/365 e85 pump is the best.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Both the E98 and E85 are cut with unleaded 100 octane vs 87 that others use

The Shop is in Harrington

·
2X 9 second club
11,148 Posts
Ft Meade auto has talked about a pump with ethanol and 93 mixed.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ft Meade auto has talked about a pump with ethanol and 93 mixed.
Im not sure how others do it, but 87 is the go to for refineries that distribute pump E. Nothing wrong with that, but when you want performance oriented ethanol, there is a difference. FUSE performance is more comparable to C85, in which i know i cant run due to MTBE, but at a much lower price than even X85

·
Super Moderator
20,842 Posts
If it’s E85, 87 or 93 mixed with E98 isn’t going to make much difference.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If it’s E85, 87 or 93 mixed with E98 isn’t going to make much difference.

Im not really sure what you are saying. are you saying pump 85, is no different then sealed race E85?

·
Super Moderator
20,842 Posts
No, talking pump E85.

When a terminal sells E85, my understanding is it mixes E98 or E99 with 87.

Furthermore, my comment was to say, for the aforementioned blending, of you were to use 93 instead of 87, the 15% gasoline cut with the added octane of 93 shouldn’t make much difference.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No, talking pump E85.

When a terminal sells E85, my understanding is it mixes E98 or E99 with 87.

Furthermore, my comment was to say, for the aforementioned blending, of you were to use 93 instead of 87, the 15% gasoline cut with the added octane of 93 shouldn’t make much difference.

ok, yes, makes sense. I believe the issue is when its 85 but measures e70 made with 87 vs e85 with 87, where fuse is 85 made with 100.

Im going to take the time to hit my 2 "local" pumps ( each 1hr 20min away in opposite directions) and get some pump 85 from them, see how they measure via tube and then the flex sensors, dyno test at a friends shop, and then do the same with the fuse e85

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I have bounced from the Sunoco in Georgetown, Family gas station in Takoma Park, MD, the afore mention Ft Meade auto in Laurel, and the Shell station in Germantown for E85. We have measured(tested) the content and they are all pretty close... sorry if I’m late hitting this thread.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have bounced from the Sunoco in Georgetown, Family gas station in Takoma Park, MD, the afore mention Ft Meade auto in Laurel, and the Shell station in Germantown for E85. We have measured(tested) the content and they are all pretty close... sorry if I’m late hitting this thread.

do you have a sensor or going by the bottle?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Definitely going to have to consider this. Harrington is about 40 minutes north of me. I wonder how expensive this would be compared to me occasionally taking a 55 gallon drum out over the bridge...

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
do you have a sensor or going by the bottle?
Flex fuel sensor and quality test kit to verify content.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts