Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What e-85 testing kits are you guys using ? Seems like the some are quite funky , I’ve seen some with the label installed backwards . Basically the feedback on most is that their crap .

·
Premium Member
13,456 Posts
i used an aeroforce gauge , obviously didnt TEST, but it showed the content in real time

·
Premium Member
13,456 Posts
besides initial tuning and curiosity I see no need for testing on this platform when using the flex fuel sensor

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
i used to test when e85 first started becoming available. never saw anything below 75% here in cali so i stopped testing and relied on the cars sensor.

on a non flex set up this is way more important but on a car that has variable timing based on e content , your definitely spinning your wheels.

·
Super Moderator
21,714 Posts
I have a customer that uses E95 he gets by the tanker. We are going to run some and dump about 120 gallons, I asked if I could bring some drums? I was half joking, he didn’t answer. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
My tuner buys E85 by the barrel for consistent results. For an initial flex fuel tune he empties the gas tank and fills it from his barrels. After that relies on the sensor.

·
Premium Member
13,456 Posts
i thought for most set ups anything over e60 is basically not needed anyhow

1 - 9 of 9 Posts