Hx varimax pump ✔

TR7ix ✔

160 thermostat ✔

Green filter ✔

Weapon X HX ✔

Zl1 lid ✔

Catch can ✔

Under hood Ice tank ✔

What do do guys think my dyno numbers will be at with e85 ? Any experts or guesses lol I will post my numbers once I get it in the dyno

· Registered
'12 Coupe 6m 627whp/669wtq
266 Posts
We have the same setup minus the upper pulley (mine is 2.4") and I'm not sure if yours is manual. 627/669 Mods in sig. Tuner said on E it just wanted to keep making more and more but he's all about longevity.

All dynos and conditions are different blah blah.

Reactions: Angelo_CtsV

· Registered
2011 cts v coupe
465 Posts
Agree with tcm1 as he and I have almost identical mods and are super close in power. I’m auto though

Reactions: Angelo_CtsV

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Agree with tcm1 as he and I have almost identical mods and are super close in power. I’m auto though
@Rekkr @TCM1 thanks guy’s appreciate it , was thinking maybe mid 5’s but 600 is nice lol , car is auto bone stock , how does 600 feel in the street ? Does the blower whine louder with the pulley ? First Ima enjoy it with the mods then forsure add a cam and x port from Kong 🫣🫣

· Registered
2011 cts v coupe
465 Posts
Blower whine is definitely loud-ish. I ended up swapping to a Kong ported blower recently.
600 on the street is decently fun. More than enough to get you in trouble. My usual thought is that for MOST people, 500-600whp cars are plenty of fun if you plan to just drive it on the street and occasionally beat on it. A lot people THINK they want/need to 1000whp , when in reality they find out it’s pretty un-usable in most street applications

· Vendor
13,735 Posts
Blower whine is definitely loud-ish. I ended up swapping to a Kong ported blower recently.
600 on the street is decently fun. More than enough to get you in trouble. My usual thought is that for MOST people, 500-600whp cars are plenty of fun if you plan to just drive it on the street and occasionally beat on it. A lot people THINK they want/need to 1000whp , when in reality they find out it’s pretty un-usable in most street applications
A lot of people want 1000whp until they get the quote. Then most decide a lower number fits the budget better

· Registered
2011 cts v coupe
465 Posts
Lol also that. Most people don’t understand not only the budget to build a 1000+whp car (correctly) but also the budget to maintain the car at those power levels

Reactions: Blades1_99 and Lt1z

· Premium Member
2009 V Corsa+Kooks QTP, EBC Brake Cam Stage3, FAST 85 ATI E85 ARP Circle D STG 4 MSD NKG TR6 8 RIB
3 Posts
2” long tubes ✔

3” x pipe / catless exhaust ✔

Flex fuel sensor ✔

1050x Injectors ✔

Solid Isolator ✔

Dsx aux pump ✔

2.45 pulley ✔

Green belt (✔

Hx varimax pump ✔

TR7ix ✔

160 thermostat ✔

Green filter ✔

Weapon X HX ✔

Zl1 lid ✔

Catch can ✔

Under hood Ice tank ✔

What do do guys think my dyno numbers will be at with e85 ? Any experts or guesses lol I will post my numbers once I get it in the dyno
With out cam and lifters I say 605 RWHP

· Registered
4,584 Posts
A lot of people want 1000whp until they get the quote. Then most decide a lower number fits the budget better
The old axiom, "Speed costs money. How fast do you want to go?"

· Registered
'12 Coupe 6m 627whp/669wtq
266 Posts
@Rekkr @TCM1 thanks guy’s appreciate it , was thinking maybe mid 5’s but 600 is nice lol , car is auto bone stock , how does 600 feel in the street ? Does the blower whine louder with the pulley ? First Ima enjoy it with the mods then forsure add a cam and x port from Kong 🫣🫣

Honestly, it's pretty silly to me. This is definitely the fastest car I've ever owned. Add a tire to your budget. I'm on NT555's and can't get any traction until 4th gear, so hardly usable on the street. With that said, I guess I have no idea how fast the car actually is since she blows the tires off constantly (which is my favorite thing to do).

I have cutouts with turndowns so I hear that more than the blower but the whine is definitely there. Toss an intake on and you'll hear it plenty.

· Premium Member
5,984 Posts
I Calc that 647 would be the ‘Safe’ best.

Most likely will be between Matt’s 615 to 636.

Mostly going to depend upon the quality of the fuel and tune.

Put a 228° duration cam in it, along with 271 cc heads with a good blower driven through a proper pulley ratio, and you’ll see the power go up at least 100 hp using a quality E85.

Net lift on the cam, less losses such as pushrod deflection should be around 0.540” to 0.560”. More is not always better here, depending upon cylinder head flow.

Reactions: Blades1_99
1 - 13 of 13 Posts