Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

161 - 180 of 270 Posts

·
Registered
7,177 Posts
Whenever I am coasting downhill to my garage, I like to rev the engine hard, let my mullet fly in the wind, nod, and point to the Prius and Tesla driving neighbors. I want them to know I bringing balance back to the carbon footprint of our neighborhood.
Thankfully you don't live in my neighborhood. This thing is definitely going to get a pair of resonators to quiet it down. Maybe two pair.

·
Premium Member
13,118 Posts
Whenever I am coasting downhill to my garage, I like to rev the engine hard, let my mullet fly in the wind, nod, and point to the Prius and Tesla driving neighbors. I want them to know I bringing balance back to the carbon footprint of our neighborhood.
be nice to those guys, they make you "carbon neutral"

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
be nice to those guys, they make you "carbon neutral"
I am an optimist. I’m carbon positive.
You know the old joke, “I drive a hybrid; it burns gas and rubber”.

Seriously though, I still can’t believe how jealous I am about that Durango. I found myself looking up the value of of my wife’s new navigator (that I used to be quite happy with)...
If the Durango was more plentiful, I would have one already. I don’t need it enough to overpay, but I sure do want it! So much want!!!

·
Registered
7,177 Posts
I am an optimist. I’m carbon positive.
You know the old joke, “I drive a hybrid; it burns gas and rubber”.

Seriously though, I still can’t believe how jealous I am about that Durango. I found myself looking up the value of of my wife’s new navigator (that I used to be quite happy with)...
If the Durango was more plentiful, I would have one already. I don’t need it enough to overpay, but I sure do want it! So much want!!!
The new Lincolns are nice. If my luxury/performance ratio was 51/49, I'm pretty sure I'd be in a new Aviator. Tune & downpipe probably good for @ 100 HP. And probably get better than 11.2 mpg's 🤦‍♂️

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
The new Lincolns are nice. If my luxury/performance ratio was 51/49, I'm pretty sure I'd be in a new Aviator. Tune & downpipe probably good for @ 100 HP. And probably get better than 11.2 mpg's 🤦‍♂️
Understood, but turbos and I don't get along. I am a lag hater. I'm all in on your hot rod minivan 🤘

·
Super Moderator
17,344 Posts
Reactions: Evil_V

·
Premium Member
13,118 Posts
new turbo stuff doesnt have that much lag, lag comes from big dumb turbos

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
You're missing out. Turbos are a blast.
View attachment 150218
View attachment 150219
new turbo stuff doesnt have that much lag, lag comes from big dumb turbos
I haven't ever driven a crazy modded twin turbo G8, but I have never driven a turbo car without an annoying "lag".
When I say this next thing, keep in mind, I know turbo cars can be crazy fast. For me it is not about potential power, it is about the power delivery and driving style:
Turbo cars better that they used to be; absolutely. As good as naturally aspirated or a positive displacement blower; no way. I hate any lag, it always feels like I'm waiting for the vtec to kick in.
So for hauling my English Mastiff around, I would trade any turbo car (especially the wife's turbo navigator) for @Unavowed's Hellcat truck in a second! This Durango thread gave me a primal desire that I didn't even know I had, but now I can't shake it. Damn you @Unavowed

·
Registered
7,177 Posts
I haven't ever driven a crazy modded twin turbo G8, but I have never driven a turbo car without an annoying "lag".
When I say this next thing, keep in mind, I know turbo cars can be crazy fast. For me it is not about potential power, it is about the power delivery and driving style:
My G8 is big cube, small turbos, moderate boost. They spool really fast. It isn't a 1k+ rwhp dyno queen, but it's pretty peppy around town.

Turbo cars better that they used to be; absolutely. As good as naturally aspirated or a positive displacement blower; no way. I hate any lag, it always feels like I'm waiting for the vtec to kick in.
So for hauling my English Mastiff around, I would trade any turbo car (especially the wife's turbo navigator) for @Unavowed's Hellcat truck in a second! This Durango thread gave me a primal desire that I didn't even know I had, but now I can't shake it. Damn you @Unavowed

161 - 180 of 270 Posts