·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reactions: MYV and translux

·
Super Moderator
3,948 Posts
Wonder if my wife would notice if i swapped this for her V6 Durango...
It would be worth it to get rid of the transmission dial.
Low $80's is not a small amount of $ but it's at least $30k less than a Range Rover Sport with a V8.
And it'll never break ;)

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wonder if my wife would notice if i swapped this for her V6 Durango...
It would be worth it to get rid of the transmission dial.
Low $80's is not a small amount of $ but it's at least $30k less than a Range Rover Sport with a V8.
And it'll never break ;)

I think the dial works well for certain applications. I liked it in my wife's old Pacifica, and I like it in my Ram. Clears up console space and is closer to the steering wheel.

However, when you put the dial on the center console like the Durango, 300, and GT500 it's just dumb. Might as well use a normal shifter if it's just going to occupy the same interior real estate anyway.

Side note- what's with the L-shaped vent things on the lower front bumper? Looks weird. Not a fan.

·
Registered
7,167 Posts
Side note- what's with the L-shaped vent things on the lower front bumper? Looks weird. Not a fan.
From the C&D article you posted:

"In addition to the Hellcat engine, the supercharged Durango forgoes its fog lights for two cold-air intakes: the driver's-side intake feeds the revised engine oil cooler, and the passenger side feeds directly into the engine air intake."

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
From the C&D article you posted:

"In addition to the Hellcat engine, the supercharged Durango forgoes its fog lights for two cold-air intakes: the driver's-side intake feeds the revised engine oil cooler, and the passenger side feeds directly into the engine air intake."
I know what the function is. Similar to the other HCs. But the shape is goofy looking. Why not just make them a more normal shape (and larger for better cooling) like the other HCs?

·
Super Moderator
3,948 Posts
Hopefully it rides better than the Trackhawk. The two I’ve driven were brutal. I checked the tire pressure on both as it felt like massive over inflation.
I’d give up some handling at the limits for an an acceptable ride. After all it’s a big heavy SUV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,167 Posts
Hopefully it rides better than the Trackhawk. The two I’ve driven were brutal. I checked the tire pressure on both as it felt like massive over inflation.
I’d give up some handling at the limits for an an acceptable ride. After all it’s a big heavy SUV.
I swear to krist nobody reads anymore.

"In an effort to improve ride quality and performance, Dodge says the suspension tuning has been revised for more comfort in auto mode and increased stiffness and reduced body roll in track mode. "

·
Registered
2,744 Posts

"In an effort to improve ride quality and performance, Dodge says the suspension tuning has been revised for more comfort in auto mode and increased stiffness and reduced body roll in track mode. "
Reading is for squares. Make me a youtube video about it.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
I think the dial works well for certain applications. I liked it in my wife's old Pacifica, and I like it in my Ram. Clears up console space and is closer to the steering wheel.

However, when you put the dial on the center console like the Durango, 300, and GT500 it's just dumb. Might as well use a normal shifter if it's just going to occupy the same interior real estate anyway.

I like the vents. Agree about shifter being a knob on the center is stupid versus a proper gear shift. Hopefully is it better than what is in the Caddys.

·
Super Moderator
3,948 Posts

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,167 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,117 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,117 Posts
I like the vents. Agree about shifter being a knob on the center is stupid versus a proper gear shift. Hopefully is it better than what is in the Caddys.

1 - 20 of 270 Posts