Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was changing the air filter on the car and I dropped one of the bolts that sandwiches the filter in place between the lower portion of the intake.

Looking around online, it seems that I have to buy the whole assembly just to get one bolt (Yikes!) dealer wanted $800+. Pricey mistake for sweaty fingers. I don't have easy access to a lift, but I know that the bolt is rattling around somewhere in the under tray of the car because I heard it hit plastic. I've got a magnet on the way from Amazon, but I leave Friday for a road trip in the car and would like to have the replacement buttoned up before we go.

Does anyone know where I can source a replacement bolt quickly?

·
Premium Member
17,443 Posts
Easy fix, drop the undercar tray, 2 10mm bolts and several push pins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
319 Posts
Easy fix, drop the undercar tray, 2 10mm bolts and several push pins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you do this and still can't find it then you might check a local pull-a-part if you've got one. I'm sure there are other GM cars that use something similar. I'm not familiar with the box since mine car had a CAI when I got it but if the bottom of the hole it screws into is open then a zip tie makes a quick and secure stand in. Just loop it through and cinch it up.

The bad thing about not finding the screw is that it can eventually work itself out and end up in a tire somewhere. :(

·
Registered
2013 CTS V2
38 Posts
I did the same, was able to remove the drivers side tire, work around through the plastic cover and with my magnet, Job done, PIA though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wrapping this - ended up calling a friend with the lift. Bolt had worked its way to the rear belly pan, but it was recovered. Went 148 in the half mile which was the purpose of the road trip. Car was super consistent :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts