Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here we go again with another recaro seat problem. The left side of the seat will not go forward. The right side does and all other adjustments work. Almost seems like the track is stuck or jammed on the left side. Right now the seat is all the way back and when I try to move it forward only the right side of the seat moves. I've looked under the seat and didn't see anything obvious. Any suggestions?

· Registered
2,967 Posts
Remove the seat and inspect the track. I'll bet you dropped a coin and it's jammed in the track. There is only one motor to move the seat, so the only explanation for your problem is that the track on the left side is jammed with some FOD.

· Premium Member
1,723 Posts
Make sure you disconnect the battery if you remove the seat.

· Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Loosened the seat enough to get to the motor. Motor seems to be working fine. I did get the left side to move by pulling the motor to the left a little. I am going to try a new motor assembly and see if that works. Didn't see anything in the track.

· Registered
623 Posts
Like Rocketsled said it is a coin in the track. Or, the cable is broken. Remove the headrest and then move the seat into the upright position. Disconnect the battery and remove the rear bolts. lean the seat forward and you can access the underside.

· Registered
16 Posts
Had a similar issue last spring. Do you hear the breakers in the back clicking. It’s possible the main power for the seat is shorting out you have to in hook the battery then in bolt the seat to check. Look closely at the wiring loom for any chafing or arcing to the metal frame they run it on the sharp metal frame.
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Hood Vehicle

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.