Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 V coupe,auto.Purchased,,,2 years ago 30,000 unmolested miles. Always had put together junk to have fun with. Tired of junk,so purchased this. Did pulley and cold air. If 600 hp ain't enough you need a trailer queen. No dragstrip or abuse,just drive the hell out of it. What a hoot!! First vehicle ever owned that havent held on the pin til it shutoff(although I EASED up off it at 187). Fixed inherent problems(mounts,frozen shocks). That being said,this car more perplexing than a pissed off woman(no offense ladies men too dumb be perplexing).
Something in the driveline MOVES. You can feel it on the shifter and the ass moves if you on it hard. Any suggestions? Have looked for bushing in rear bad?

·
Registered
548 Posts
Cradle loose, axles loose, wheel hubs...any associated sounds with the slack?

Get it on a lift and start pushing and pulling on things.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cradle loose, axles loose, wheel hubs...any associated sounds with the slack?

Get it on a lift and start pushing and pulling on things.
Had rear on jackstands. Nothing jumped out obvious. Will put on rack next. Cradle? As in rear frame assembly? I did notice what looks to be body bushing, or from your info,cradle bushing, at the top has teeth that looked like they were not engaged in the groove above in housing. Not sure what it SUPPOSED to look like. When put in gear very light(dont laugh) tinking noise is really felt rather than heard in shifter. Also notice idling along in fwd a squeaking noise from rear. Like a bushing.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Check the front and rear cradle bolts for the proper torque especially If a previous shop worked on it (I.e. dropping the fuel tank to replace the fuel pump or replacing the motor mounts).

I had an issue with a V1 that I owned that the dealer left the front cradle bolts loose when replacing the motor mounts under warranty....had all types of strange power train movements and noises. Many shops, when tightening the cradle bolts, rely on their impact gun to tighten these bolts instead of using a torque wrench to verify the proper torque and leave these bolts loose.

Sorry I do not have the torque specs. Maybe someone else can chime in with the spec.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts