Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been noticing a hiccup when accelerating, but mostly when letting off the gas. It feels like the trans has a slight slip on acceleration, and a slow and more violent than normal disengage in about 3rd or 4th gear. If I let off for a few seconds, all of a sudden a small kick comes and bumps the car. Feels almost as though tapping the brakes. When accelerating it will pull hard for a second, then hiccup and will push me forward in the seat lightly for a second as if it slipped or missed somehow. Not sure if this is normal and could be traction control kicking in, but have never experienced anything that feels like this normally in many other cars.

I have done a trans and differential services but no change. It is starting to happen more frequently. Is this normal for the V? I keep thinking it feels like slow shifting/slip of the trans, or some slack in the driveline. Maybe bad carrier bearing? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Manual or Auto?

I had my driveshaft swapped by GM recently and I felt very light instances of this more in the rain. I am guessing its your traction. If you still have warranty, have your driveshaft checked out. Youll have to be able to reproduce it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Manual or Auto?

I had my driveshaft swapped by GM recently and I felt very light instances of this more in the rain. I am guessing its your traction. If you still have warranty, have your driveshaft checked out. Youll have to be able to reproduce it.
Auto. I'm taking it in Friday. Just worried they'll say they don't feel anything and tell me to kick rocks. How did you get them to replace yours? What all were you experiencing?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Auto. I'm taking it in Friday. Just worried they'll say they don't feel anything and tell me to kick rocks. How did you get them to replace yours? What all were you experiencing?
If it isn't broken it is always a pain to get them to do anything. So take the tech for a drive. You know when it occurs. Show the tech. At worst use your phone and record it. What year? You should never feel a *kick* the auto is smooth as silk, so I'm sure a ride-along will let the tech feel it. Mine broke down so I can't show a tech but as ENV MN said, GO with them and re-produce it, you know when it occurs and it sounds mechanical so it'll def keep doing it. ENV you might need to take yours back...you should never feel a kick at all...if traction is an issue it would just cut power. Makes no sense for it to "kick" at all, should be smooth as butter\silk, don't think any AUTO-V *kicks*

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
If it isn't broken it is always a pain to get them to do anything. So take the tech for a drive. You know when it occurs. Show the tech. At worst use your phone and record it. What year? You should never feel a *kick* the auto is smooth as silk, so I'm sure a ride-along will let the tech feel it. Mine broke down so I can't show a tech but as ENV MN said, GO with them and re-produce it, you know when it occurs and it sounds mechanical so it'll def keep doing it. ENV you might need to take yours back...you should never feel a kick at all...if traction is an issue it would just cut power. Makes no sense for it to "kick" at all, should be smooth as butter\silk, don't think any AUTO-V *kicks*
Nah I do not feel a kick so much as slight slip, loss of power, and only when wet out so Im guessing its traction plus I am in a manual car. I can hear and feel way more in the drivetrain on this thing. Overall it has felt much better after new driveshaft went in mine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts