Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started a few weeks ago when pulling into a driveway or uneven surfaces. I've read on here everything from swabar bushings to upper control arm bushings. What's the consensus from the inmates on est steps in resolve?

TIA

·
Premium Member
1,159 Posts
Check the lower control arm bolts and make sure they're tight....like really tight.

Reactions: SoCalDave

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
910 Posts
A quick visual exam for cracked UCA bushings is in order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A quick visual exam for cracked UCA bushings is in order.
Yeah there gone. Best to replace the bushings and if so with what brand or just replace the complete arm? I know someone here just went through this lately.

Can't upload pics for some reason...

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
910 Posts
I just went through this and I simply replaced the UCA which I got from Rock Auto for 55 bux each. Simple, can do the whole job in maybe an hour, no spring compressor needed.
If you want to do aftermarket bushings, that will cost more, take longer and involve a bunch more work.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just went through this and I simply replaced the UCA which I got from Rock Auto for 55 bux each. Simple, can do the whole job in maybe an hour, no spring compressor needed.
If you want to do aftermarket bushings, that will cost more, take longer and involve a bunch more work.
Did you do an alignment after the installation?

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
910 Posts
I did not, though I'm aware it would be best practice. Using my crude measuring tools I noted no change before/after to camber or toe. Didn't have a simple way to confirm caster in my tool box but the car drives just as before, no pulling or weirdness.

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
910 Posts
Its COVID
🤣

Reactions: Blades1_99

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
910 Posts
Probably has more to do with people suck at their jobs these days.
Tru dat.

Actually, tho, there are no alignment adjustments in the front UCA mount, the pieces bolt in to position with no real latitude. STILL, it’s a good idea to align

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
for me the squeaking and clunking sound was from the front sway bar bushings. took me about 30 minutes each to change them out on my driveway with hand tools. if you’re in to performance and having a really nice solid/stiff suspension - go with creative-steel upper and lower control arm bushings. it is more work and costs more but totally worth it imo. i replaced my stock worn ones in my V2 with their street application. for alignment i like NTB or Big-O tires since they’re open sundays, and they have an alignment program you can get (1 or 3 years). if you’re in LA there’s a Big-O in korea town that has a tech that does a phenomenal alignment job for lowered vehicles. his name is dennis.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts