Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Besides dropping the tank is there any other way to get the 2 year old gas out so I can put in fresh fuel? The car is stored in my aircraft hanger and only moved in or out of the hanger a few time a year. It's a 2015 CTSV coupe, 12,000 mi

·
Premium Member
16,470 Posts
I'd full it up with premium and hope the pump filter or injectors aren't gummed up

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Guys,
2015 1 of about 500 built. As for drilling a hole in the bottom, then what? And for filling it with fresh gas it's all ready full. Now for a real world question. Any issues with opening the fuel rail and turning on the key to let the pump push out 18 gal or so? Will the computer go nuts with no back pressure?
Thanks to any real advice.

·
Registered
2012 CTSV coupe
415 Posts
I left out a part. My car sat for 3 years. I was installing an dsx aux fuel pump which requires a hole in the tank, so I used that to drain it and then installed the threaded adapter in the hole for the aux pump.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2012 CTSV coupe
415 Posts
The problem with the fuel rail is that you will be turning the car off and on a lot of times. The fuel pump has a prime function and shuts off after a few seconds. If you have HP tuners, you can flash the ecu not to turn off the pump and drain it that way, but that doesn't get you completely drained. You really don't want to be running the fuel pump till the tank is empty. Fuel supplies the cooling for the pump. You may take life off the pump.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok
The problem with the fuel rail is that you will be turning the car off and on a lot of times. The fuel pump has a prime function and shuts off after a few seconds. If you have HP tuners, you can flash the ecu not to turn off the pump and drain it that way, but that doesn't get you completely drained. You really don't want to be running the fuel pump till the tank is empty. Fuel supplies the cooling for the pump. You may take life off the pump.

Thanks for the info. I was thinking along those lines about running the fuel pump. I guess I'll have to look at dropping the tank. The non ethanol hi test 91 octane is coming up on 2 years old. Car is stored inside climate controlled aircraft hanger. I'm wondering if I take a long easy drive if that would hurt anything.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,470 Posts
If you can elevate the passenger side of the car, there are some clip-connect fittings where the nylon fuel lines connect to the steel hard lines at the front of the fuel tank.

You pinch the connector and remove them - that may allow you to siphon enough out to add fresh gas in. Then drive it. That's a hell of a lot easier than dropping the tank- seriously: exhaust, driveshaft, rear subframe and realignment on top. And you're still seeing if the fuel pump filter or injectors are gummed up.

Staying out of boost with a decent amount of fresh 93 is probably fine. I'd do that and run it.

Next time don't fill it up and let it sit for two years- leave the keys with a buddy!

Don't forget to change the oil very very soon also.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
531 Posts
Hi Guys,
2015 1 of about 500 built. As for drilling a hole in the bottom, then what? And for filling it with fresh gas it's all ready full. Now for a real world question. Any issues with opening the fuel rail and turning on the key to let the pump push out 18 gal or so? Will the computer go nuts with no back pressure?
Thanks to any real advice.
Fuk that parked in hanger shit for two years, I'd been driving that thing like I stole it...😁

·
Registered
'14 Coupe
238 Posts
You could just pump it through fuel rail (pre injecto), have abuddy with a fuel can catching all the fuel, and make sure it does nor run out completely. Once you get most of it out, fill up with some 93 and drive it around.
Also, fuel/e85 stabilizer works pretty good. I do that shit like every year and a half, when I leave the car for 9-12 months.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts