Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new member as We just bought a 2013 coupe with 31K miles. the car is stock and will most likely stay that way as it has plenty of power. I drove a 400 HP C-4 for 18 years, it was a good car.The Caddy is an automatic and I want to run it down our local drag strip a few times.what is the best way to do this without hurting anything? traction control off? auto or paddle shift? sport or tour? My tires are Hankooks. thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I am a new member as We just bought a 2013 coupe with 31K miles. the car is stock and will most likely stay that way ...run it down our local drag strip a few times....
I think the mod level will change based on the above.

Good luck,

·
Registered
953 Posts
The best thing you can do is wait for cooler weather.

Reactions: m13s

·
Premium Member
15,095 Posts
You will not hurt it on street tires - at least not in any way that wouldn't happen driving to work and passing someone on the highway. Traction control off (hold for 10 sec), feather first to control wheel spin and then let it eat.

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
I would recommend NOT completely disabling your traction control. Very easy to lose control on street tires at the track!

·
Registered
953 Posts
I would recommend NOT completely disabling your traction control. Very easy to lose control on street tires at the track!
Even with drag radials I put it into competitive mode at the track. FYI, the manual says:

"Notice: When traction control is
turned off, or Competitive Driving
Mode is active, it is possible
to lose traction. If you attempt
to shift with the drive wheels
spinning with a loss of traction, it
is possible to cause damage to
the transmission. Do not attempt
to shift when the drive wheels do
not have traction. Damage caused
by misuse of the vehicle is not
covered. See the warranty book
for additional information."

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Traction control/stabilitrak fully off and put the suspension in "comfort" mode for extra grip, then put the transmission in "R" for RACE. Make sure to footbrake and give it some revs and then let off and you will have the quickest possible run.

·
Premium Member
15,095 Posts
Dont forget the Type R stickers, you pussies! :D

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Traction control/stabilitrak fully off and put the suspension in "comfort" mode for extra grip, then put the transmission in "R" for RACE. Make sure to footbrake and give it some revs and then let off and you will have the quickest possible run.
Oh wow. Please record.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well thanks for all the input,BUT, this rocket only has sport or tour for suspension and no Race mode? it is manual/paddle shift or auto. My traction control/stability is either on or off! I don't want to break any records, I just want a good fast and safe run. When inn doubt,Gas it. 2013

·
Registered
2,491 Posts

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
well thanks for all the input,BUT, this rocket only has sport or tour for suspension and no Race mode? it is manual/paddle shift or auto. My traction control/stability is either on or off! I don't want to break any records, I just want a good fast and safe run. When inn doubt,Gas it. 2013
Yeah I was wrong you want suspension in "touring" mode so it is soft and you have more grip.
Also, "race" mode on the transmission is just below the P for Park.

·
Registered
647 Posts
If you can handle a 400hp C4 which is a much lighter car then you'll be just fine handling the V. Try it having the traction nannies on and then turning them off. See which one nets you a better time slip.

When you turn them off I too vote that you do everything in post #8. Just slowly work in the skinny pedal to ease the tire spin. I turn it all of but I'm on DR's.

·
Registered
169 Posts
"R" for race! Classic. You guys failed to mention the launch control button on the left side of the steering wheel where the convenience buttons are. Up, up, down, up, hold for three seconds, launch mod activated.

·
Registered
953 Posts
As for auto or manual mode, read your manual for the difference. Also, search on here for the tap-tap method. Don't bother with the paddle shift as you can't manually shift at th4e desired rpm as fast as the trans. With stock tires I'd use auto mode as it starts in 2nd gear and manual mode starts in first. As you get used to feathering the throttle to control wheel spin it's worth checking out manual mode. As long as you don't switch gears with either the shifter or paddles the trans will continue to shift gears. You use tap tap if you manually shift and want to go back to automatic. That's mainly used on the street.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks again for all the input. I have a plan now and will give it a shot on the 17th, I'll post on how it went. VN

figures,A Subaru driver!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts