Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I’ve been having a hard time putting 17s on my ctsv V2 sedan it is an auto car
I’ve had problems with the caliper clearance on the top of the caliper and now that I have them fitting obviously it’s a bumpy ride they’re not balanced yet doing that tomorrow but my car is acting like it’s hitting the brakes and trying to accelerate at the same time I have no idea what it’s doing but as soon as I put the stock wheels back on it’s perfectly fine also specs 17x10 race stars / 305/45/17 mickeys FRONTS 255/40/19 SOMEONE HELP

·
Premium Member
2009 Sedan
1,357 Posts
Font Slope Rectangle Screenshot Parallel

Summit says 27.9" for diameter. Either way, that's almost an inch difference.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Font

If the car thinks the front is going 60 and the rear is going 62, it's going to try and save you. I think @MrSurly posted about this awhile ago? He asked about turning off StabiliTrack or TC or both I think it was.

·
Registered
'14 Coupe
397 Posts
If you have HPT, use gear wizard, and change your wheel/tire size, and save that tune.
Also, with radials on the car, get a tape measurer, and measure the actual hight, don't go with manufacturer size, they are usually off.
Have 1 tune for street tires, and 1 for radials.

If those 305/45/17s are Street Rs, you can use 27.80 for tire height.
Font Handwriting Personal computer Parallel Technology
Architecture Rectangle Font Parallel Technology

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just wanna thank you to you guys for the help huuuge help honestly, coolest group of car dudes , I got the wheels rebalanced today and the car drives great I do still want to change the tire size over as well

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.