Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used this setup on a V or have any experience with it? Debating going this route as I have switched to twins. I am going to need a boost controller, 2 step, and all that good stuff so I figure maybe just upgrade the ecu now instead of piecing things together and eventually having to upgrade anyways when I turn it up.

I need to figure out what harness to use, what to decide what to do with the fuel pump setup, how it integrates with the factory dash, and I know I've seen the navigation screen used to display everything just need to figure out how to do it.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Dominator Holley EFI seems limited on outputs and inputs and customization of the readouts for monitoring.

We've had a few people getting rid of the Dominator's and going towards AEM platforms. They are priced pretty close to each other.
And AEM system has become our house system for all the LS, Modular and hemi engines that we test. Its pretty diverse.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I am in the process of installing a holley dominator in my 91 syclone with all the items you mentioned plus more. Seems like a very well made piece and the plug and play harnesses are easy to use depending on your needs.

Dominator Holley EFI seems limited on outputs and inputs and customization of the readouts for monitoring.

We've had a few people getting rid of the Dominator's and going towards AEM platforms. They are priced pretty close to each other.
And AEM system has become our house system for all the LS, Modular and hemi engines that we test. Its pretty diverse.
I cannot see how you are maxing out inputs/outputs on the dominator. Are you sure you do not mean the holley HP efi instead? They both use the same interface and harnesses but the HP is limited to 8 inputs/outputs where the dominator has a ton.

Here is the excerpt on the dominator:

INPUTS AND OUTPUTS

13 - “Multi-Inputs” – Can be configured as a 0-5V sensor input, 0-20v sensor input, thermistor temperature input, or high or low voltage input
30 - 0-5V Sensor Inputs – Configures any 0-5V sensor as well as some can be used as switched high or low inputs
4 - Speed Inputs – Can be configured as a digital (square wave) input or an inductive input
20 - 12v PWM Outputs – Can be configured as PWM or switched 12V outputs. Rated at 2A maximum
16 - Ground PWM Outputs – Can be configured as PWM or switched ground outputs. Rated at 2A maximum
All inputs and outputs are programmed using innovative new “Pin Mapping” strategy that allows inputs and outputs to be pinned as desired by the user, allowing for inputs and outputs to not be “wasted” by non-used dedicated functions
Configurable for: dual cooling fans (including brushless fans that require PWM signal), dual fuel pumps, AC inputs, basic TCC lockup, and multiple timing retard inputs
User programmable caution and warning outputs for all sensors

·
8s are the new 9s
4,151 Posts
HP has limited I/O. I can’t see how you could use all the I/O on the dominator. It’s a clean slate. You can configure it to do anything you want from bump box to traction control to adjusting fans and IAC for AC kick on. The limits are really your imagination.
The freedom and versatility it offers makes it a little complex to set up but once it’s set up properly it is very easy to use and fine tune.
I’ve used it as a stand alone on 2 turbo cars. One I removed a mega squirt 3 gold box and replaced it with a dominator. That car has AC, dual fuel pumps, single solenoid boost control, trans brake with bump box, intercooler pump switch that also activates data logging, gps speedo and 4 position tune switch so you can go from stun to kill with the turn of a key. That car has a Facebook page and build thread on ls1tech if you’d like to check it out.
https://m.facebook.com/Sweet.Pea.68nova/
https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/1814364-sweet-pea-1968-chevy-ii-moar-door-4-8-7675-pg.html

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info Ray. Do you have any thoughts on hooking it up to the nav display and if the factory gauges will still work? I'm guessing I'll need a universal harness and need to configure it for the setup myself?

·
8s are the new 9s
4,151 Posts
You’ll need to split the signals needed by the stock computer(s) to work. Typically as long as it sees the inputs you can keep it happy even if the stock computer isn’t directly controlling them. It is doable but a lot of work. If you can find the stock harness connectors you could build a jumper harness. It’s much easier to use as a stand alone. As much as I love the Holley dominator, I would probably do a pro EFI in a V since it is basically plug and play in terms of wiring into the stock dash/controls. The issue is the pro efi is not as user friendly after it’s up and running. The Holley is very intuitive and has on screen help.
Anything is possible with enough time and money.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts