Registered
111 Posts
It is a very fun car.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Yes I’m 14
Good to know your interests.

At 14 I was working at my father's car lot. Got me a lot of experience with cars cleaning/detailing and mechanically. I also knew what a "good deal" for cars and was driving, maybe not legally, before my friends.

A V, especially a manual, would be handful without experience.

Maybe consider looking at something in the car biz....it will further your education.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Manual V2 here. It is an awesome car, it’s a good sign if 14 year olds are interested in one! Tell all ur friends OP, let’s get some MK4 Supra prices up in here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
I HAD a mildly built Gen 1 V 6M 4dr., that I traded for a better built '04 GTO 6M it was a car for car exchange no cash exchanged hands.

·
Super Moderator
16,367 Posts
I HAD a mildly built Gen 1 V 6M 4dr., that I traded for a better built '04 GTO 6M it was a car for car exchange no cash exchanged hands.
This is a head scratcher......

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
This is a head scratcher......

Depends. GTO was a great car, was just too expensive for it's time. That and no advertising.

Though the LS2 GTO was a lot better IMO.

·
Super Moderator
16,367 Posts
Sorry gen 1 V > 2004 GTO unless V1 was thrashed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I REALLY I mean REALLY didn't want to trade but the guy who wanted it had Stage 4 cancer & I just wanted to make his last year a happy one, he lived a little over 10 months after we made the trade. When he passed the family did give me an oppurtunity to get it back but I told his 2 sons to part it out to help with the burial. I do not regret my decision & believe it or not I get more stares with the GTO than I did with the Caddy. Only real aficionados know the difference between a standard issue CTS & a V. Plus the VIN on the GTO ends in 00000082 the build date is 11/03.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Another manual V owner checking in.

If you are browsing cars as a first car, the first generation (04-07) of Vs were all manuals. If you've got more budget than that second generation (09-14/15 for coupes) were offered with manuals but are reasonably rare. The third generation (16-19) as in your profile pic was not offered with a manual at all.

I've never driven a first gen but second gens are calibrated in a manner that they are easier than most manuals to launch without stalling. The clutch pedal is also pretty light. Would be an easy car to learn to drive a manual on but moving to older manual cars later on may require some more adjustment than average to get used to. But going from any manual car to another is typically a bit of adjustment in some manner. I have a friend with a diesel Jetta that takes joy in everyone that gets in it to drive it stalling it the first time, haha. He'll even tell you ahead of time you're going to stall it the first time and it still happens.

·
Premium Member
1,469 Posts
I value your thinking of getting the slower car (manual vs auto) at such a young tender age.

·
Registered
140 Posts
09' 6MT sedan here.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
6MTs Represent!

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
2 doors, 8 cylinders, 3 pedals, 6 speeds. There can be no less practical of a Cadillac. It's so impractical it's almost not a Cadillac.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts