Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If I go with a Flex Fuel kit will I need new pumps with the mods in my signature? I may add headers also.

Sent from a misfiring cylinder

·
Premium Member
2,747 Posts
You've been around here long enough that you should know what everyones response is going to be.

DSX Aux pump. FTW!

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You've been around here long enough that you should know what everyones response is going to be.

DSX Aux pump. FTW!
Lol was trying to avoid the extra expense. But also I like keeping my car safe so I guess it's gonna have to be done. Guy was telling me I need a full fore system. I was thinking I'm not going to do cam etc I felt I only needed aux pump.

I may not be able to do headers then. Trying to figure out which is the better option. I have test pipes but still stock crimped section etc.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Drop back to a 2.55 and it will be ok.
You mean if I drop back to a 2.55 I won't need the aux pump? If I dont drop back then I need it?

Which route do you think is the better route for me?

E85 with either aux pump or dropping to 2.55
or

long tube headers with xpipe and retune?

·
Vendor
13,013 Posts
You mean if I drop back to a 2.55 I won't need the aux pump? If I dont drop back then I need it?

Which route do you think is the better route for me?

E85 with either aux pump or dropping to 2.55
or

long tube headers with xpipe and retune?

Correct. If you don't want to get into a fuel system and headers etc the 2.55 with flex fuel is the way to go. I would not have run a 2.4 on stock exhaust to begin with though.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Yep, plenty here would argue that factory manifolds can make WAY more power than you mod list can...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts