9.1 lower
with Nick williams 103 throttle body
DDP intake
FORE tripple pump fuel system with 1000CC fuel injector connection injectors

TRANS
stock build spec W circle D 300m output shaft

will i need 1300s for full e85 or will 1000s be enough injector
i am located in houston tx and will only run 93 octane and occasional e85

also any downsides or longterm effects of running e85?

thank you guys

i will be having PAT G tune it November 22nd

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
As long as you are running 93 some, no real downsides to e85. The flex fuel will leave a black tarry substance on the injector tips if you do not cycle in some 93. It is caused by an imbalance in the detergents and chemicals once the base gasoline (contains chemicals) is mixed with the alcohol (straight alcohol). The low percentage gasoline causes the stuff to deposit on the inj tip. A tank of 93 is said to keep it cleaned up and at bay.

You may be pushing those 1000cc injectors depending on your pulley ratio. With the triple pump you will have plenty of fuel pressure so you can stretch the injectors. 1300s will give you headroom though...depends on how willing you are to invest right now. Someone like an @Lt1z could give you more idea on where the 1000s top out.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
My ID1050's ran out at ~750 whp at E78 and ~10.8 AF. I could have squeezed out a little more by leaning it out, but there was zero headroom with those injectors. I have 1300's now.

You should be over 800 with that combo pretty easily if your blower is decently ported. Unless you really crank up the base pressure on your fuel system, you'll need 1300's. I wouldn't risk that motor with too small injectors.

Reactions: Head Hunter

·
Premium Member
2014 CTS-V Sedan A6
1,383 Posts
My ID1050's ran out at ~750 whp at E78 and ~10.8 AF. I could have squeezed out a little more by leaning it out, but there was zero headroom with those injectors. I have 1300's now.

You should be over 800 with that combo pretty easily if your blower is decently ported. Unless you really crank up the base pressure on your fuel system, you'll need 1300's. I wouldn't risk that motor with too small injectors.
^ agreed.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Where's the best place to buy 1300s? ID or FIC or ?

I'm in the same boat. LS9 based 396 with Kong 2650.

·
Premium Member
2014 CTS-V Sedan A6
1,383 Posts
with your setup I'd go 1700s. I'm currently sbe with heads/cam 2650, 80% IDC on FIC1300s.

I ordered from Mont motorsports.
Yeah, if his goals are going to be in that high power range, 1700s wouldn't be a bad move. I wish I would have gone 1700s since I'm on E all the time. 1700s don't idle so hot on gasoline. Their min pulse width still delivers a good amount of fuel.

·
Registered
63 Posts
So for the original poster you believe 1300s are the way to go?

I really don't want to hijack this post. For my setup, I'm planning on 93 pump gas most of the time and my goal is 900 crank HP on 93 octane. Current pulleys are 8.66/3.25 targeting 15-17lbs of boost. I do plan on adding a flex fuel sensor to allow for some extra timing. This will be my first LS build so hopefully I'm in the ball park. I have a different thread on the build.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@Lt1z
Can I run safely on 93 octane with my set up and 1000cc injectors and gore tripple pump?

And can I run safely a 50%/50% of the tank e85 / 93 octane?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys,
so looking for opinions

current build
LME 388LSX @ 10.0:1
LME BRODIX BR3 heads
232 248 .650 .650 116+4LSA cam
FASTERPROMS ported 1.9lsa blower
2.45 upper
9.1 lower
with Nick williams 103 throttle body
DDP intake
FORE tripple pump fuel system with 1000CC fuel injector connection injectors

TRANS
stock build spec W circle D 300m output shaft

will i need 1300s for full e85 or will 1000s be enough injector
i am located in houston tx and will only run 93 octane and occasional e85

also any downsides or longterm effects of running e85?

thank you guys

i will be having PAT G tune it November 22nd
I'm basically running the same set-up you have ....but yes I'm running Injectors Dynamic 1300cc injector's ..Still tuning it on the dyno ...Randy the tuning don't like them that big ....But Injector Dynamics are the best you can buy ...and are easy to tune ...So know big deal ....Sent the Supercharger to Dave Chelepis ...its already posted by me ...but it started sucking all the oil out of it ....And he's the Man when it comes to Supercharger. But as soon as I can get it done I post the Infor about the 1300cc injectors .

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I'm basically running the same set-up you have ....but yes I'm running Injectors Dynamic 1300cc injector's ..Still tuning it on the dyno ...Randy the tuning don't like them that big ....But Injector Dynamics are the best you can buy ...and are easy to tune ...So know big deal ....Sent the Supercharger to Dave Chelepis ...its already posted by me ...but it started sucking all the oil out of it ....And he's the Man when it comes to Supercharger. But as soon as I can get it done I post the Infor about the 1300cc injectors .
What language is this?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts