Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to do my grill in black and I’m curious if I have to drop the front bumper to do this. I’m a really handy guy but not a huge car guy, this doesn’t seem like a crazy hard job but please correct me if I’m wrong.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Dropping the front bumper isn't that bad of a job, you get used to it after a dozen times or so ... lol ... If I can do it anybody can ... :D

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
This is in the V3 section. Most of us are very familiar with removing V2 bumpers, but maybe clarify what year your working with here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
568 Posts
Dropping the front bumper isn't that bad of a job, you get used to it after a dozen times or so ... lol ... If I can do it anybody can ... :D
Any hints? Pass along. Seems like a project and I'm a car guy.. turn wrenches

·
Registered
34 Posts
Cadillac did a shit job with that front end you have to take off the bumper to change the headlight bulbs and everything else

·
Registered
108 Posts
Cadillac did a shit job with that front end you have to take off the bumper to change the headlight bulbs and everything else
a lot of people that do it say they could probably do it in 30 minutes if they had to do it again. I’d rather do that than squeeze my hand between every little spot and be uncomfortable the whole time

·
Registered
568 Posts
I completed the job. I dont think it could be done in thirty mins. Too many screws. it took me 4 hours.
Removing all screw up top, Under the front area , wheel wells and unplug lights then remove bumper and you have a pile of more screw to take to to remove the trim around the grill.
and then I forgot to put the shroud back on that goes right behind the grill.... I was getting ready to hang the bumper and noticed it on the other side of the car.
I have some pics. I will upload.
But in the end all worth it.

·
Super Moderator
17,165 Posts
I completed the job. I dont think it could be done in thirty mins. Too many screws. it took me 4 hours.
Removing all screw up top, Under the front area , wheel wells and unplug lights then remove bumper and you have a pile of more screw to take to to remove the trim around the grill.
and then I forgot to put the shroud back on that goes right behind the grill.... I was getting ready to hang the bumper and noticed it on the other side of the car.
I have some pics. I will upload.
But in the end all worth it.
It can be off in 15 min and back on in 15 min.

When you are making money it takes 30 min, when it’s your first time, I understand the 4 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
a lot of people that do it say they could probably do it in 30 minutes if they had to do it again. I’d rather do that than squeeze my hand between every little spot and be uncomfortable the whole time
No car should make you remove the front bumper to change headlight bulbs and yea 30 min if you have a lift maybe

·
Registered
568 Posts
Here are a few pics

Attachments

Reactions: Blades1_99

·
Registered
12 Posts
Nice job, looks much better.. Can the emblem be removed without breaking the tabs, and without removing the grill?

·
Registered
568 Posts
ha.. I didnt see that video but that sums it up(good video).. I would say pita for grill removal... No fun. I am gonna work on the side fender emblems this weekend.

I have heard some folks just break the old emblem out. crackign the tabs and then just install a new emblem. I guess that is an option.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts