Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my V-2 back from Lingenfelter few years back w 700 +package,dip stick was hard to get back down all the way,finally snapped off,possible reasons?

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,217 Posts
Welcome! I don't know the answer but I would guess that maybe the dipstick was bent at some point and never fully straightened(?).
I'll assume that you have replaced it with new.
Does the new one also have difficulty or is the issue fixed, now?

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Got my V-2 back from Lingenfelter few years back w 700 +package,dip stick was hard to get back down all the way,finally snapped off,possible reasons?
Did you get it out?

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
When you say, "Snapped off," Did you mean internally, within the engine?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes,bottom part of dip stick is still in tube/oil pan,sorry about post,not tech savvy

·
Registered
3,238 Posts

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Think he means how much is left

Reactions: Blades1_99

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Yes,bottom part of dip stick is still in tube/oil pan,sorry about post,not tech savvy
That's ok, we're all stupid here and can only read what folks write, lol. We presumed it broke inside the engine. Which sucks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Don't think it's a problem,it's never needed oil,I'm picky,I think I read an article years back about alignment of parts when reassembling LS engines,I should have confronted Lingenfelter years back,they left my 2012 Vee coupe filthy,obviously tested it in rain etc.Wasn't gonna pay car hauler to take it back for Dip stick,thanks again

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Don't think it's a problem,it's never needed oil,I'm picky,I think I read an article years back about alignment of parts when reassembling LS engines,I should have confronted Lingenfelter years back,they left my 2012 Vee coupe filthy,obviously tested it in rain etc.Wasn't gonna pay car hauler to take it back for Dip stick,thanks again
You can remove the restraining bolt that is on the head and pull the tube, then pull out the dipstick, reattach the guide tube, then put new Dipstick back in....after you get the replacement.

Reactions: PGA2B

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
You can remove the restraining bolt that is on the head and pull the tube, then pull out the dipstick, reattach the guide tube, then put new Dipstick back in....after you get the replacement.

Ding Ding!! Exactally what I was going to say.

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,217 Posts
Don't think it's a problem,it's never needed oil
That statement leaves me shaking my head.
You have no method of checking the oil.....but you are certain it has never needed any?

#thingsthatmakeyougoHMMMMMMM

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Blades 1,
That statement leaves me shaking my head.
You have no method of checking the oil.....but you are certain it has never needed any?

#thingsthatmakeyougoHMMMMMMM
I'm getting up there in years so I don't do alot of my own work anymore,but I do change my own oil,monitor what and how much comes out,drive approximately 800 miles a year,on the street,barely running,can't get traction on the street#Sideways

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,217 Posts
I'm old, as well. (a whole bunch of us here, are!) Yeah, if it never moves, it likely doesn't need the oil topped off. Possible condensation , maybe. I'll assume you're changing it once in a while just to prevent that.
How many miles are on the car in total? How many since Lingenfelter?

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
The dipsticks are stainless steel. They won't rust under these conditions, no matter how severe. Unless your car is riding on the Golden Ray.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm old, as well. (a whole bunch of us here, are!) Yeah, if it never moves, it likely doesn't need the oil topped off. Possible condensation , maybe. I'll assume you're changing it once in a while just to prevent that.
How many miles are on the car in total? How many since Lingenfelter?
7900 total miles 2900 since mods,also have larger intercooler,it supposedly keeps the heat down at all times/heat related oil consumption etc

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,217 Posts
WOW.... 2012 V Coupe with less than 8000 miles AND it's already packing a 700 build! I am very jealous!

Reactions: SoCalDave

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
The time an engine will start to consume oil is always immediately after the dipstick breaks making it impossible to check the oil level. It's "engine karma".

1 - 20 of 20 Posts