Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Between specialty colors, cue systems changes and rear camera on the 17s and up, were there any other changes? Keep looking up things and only finding info about the V2s but not a lot of info on V3s. I know the trans are the same and the only reason there’s less complaint about the shudder on the later years is because they probably got the new transmission fluid. We’re there other changes on the later years like smart cruise control, lane departure kinda changes?

·
Registered
224 Posts
After '17 it really was just colors and special edition packaging (aesthetics like the Championship edition) as I recall. Certainly no performance increases and I don't think any functional improvement (e.g., no wireless Android Auto/CarPlay)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After '17 it really was just colors and special edition packaging (aesthetics like the Championship edition) as I recall. Certainly no performance increases and I don't think any functional improvement (e.g., no wireless Android Auto/CarPlay)
for as much as they want for the CE’s, thought theres be more than just red side mirrors, interior and fancy stickers. 🤣

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac CTS-V
502 Posts
Indeed. Check out the Pedestal Edition. Gold color and black door moulding trim...but no exterior door handle lights, just like the CE! More for less...

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just test drove one and didn’t quite blew me away. Recaros doesn’t have cooling seats on these?!!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just test drove one and didn’t quite blew me away. Recaros doesn’t have cooling seats on these?!!!
Really depends on what your coming out of or what you’re comparing it to? In the world of super sedans it’s still very impressive. If you’re going to compare it to a very fast die hard sports car then not as much. Drive this then drive an m5 even the latest Gen m5 our v3’s are still very impressive and hold up well. That’s is best competitor imo. Some probe will say charger hellcat. Meh that’s a dodge and no where as classy or good looking imo but to each his own.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The lack of seat cooling/ventilation on the Recaros in the V3 is a miss IMO. They look great for sure but I didn't want a V3 with them given I'd much rather have the ventilated feature. If I planned to road course my car then perhaps the extra bolstering would be preferred but its just not how I will be using the car.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
The lack of seat cooling/ventilation on the Recaros in the V3 is a miss IMO. They look great for sure but I didn't want a V3 with them given I'd much rather have the ventilated feature. If I planned to road course my car then perhaps the extra bolstering would be preferred but its just not how I will be using the car.
was in the same boat, found my vector blue v3 with all except the recaros. i live in a hot climate and can tell you im 100% happy that i got the non recaro a/c seats . i use them everytime i get in it and they are already on most of the time when i remote start.

may be posting for sale soon , 2018 vb 10k miles , bolt on 815 whp car.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im coming from a 600whp C6Z, a 691whp V2 before that and another 600whp C6Z.

So non-recaros have cooled seats? I need to find out and see how those seats feel.

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac CTS-V
502 Posts
Im coming from a 600whp C6Z, a 691whp V2 before that and another 600whp C6Z.

So non-recaros have cooled seats? I need to find out and see how those seats feel.
For the $$ and time it took to get your V2 to 691, you can get this to 800+, so your sedan comparison is apples to oranges. The chassis feel on the V3 is better than any other sport sedan, idgaf who makes it. The handling is like you're on RAILS compared to similarly sized/weighted vehicles. Only thing the V3 misses on is the lack of AWD and a 10sp auto.

As far as the vette's, you're comparing apples to bricks, and you should toss that thought altogether.

Reactions: Savoy

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac CTS-V
502 Posts
was in the same boat, found my vector blue v3 with all except the recaros. i live in a hot climate and can tell you im 100% happy that i got the non recaro a/c seats . i use them everytime i get in it and they are already on most of the time when i remote start.

may be posting for sale soon , 2018 vb 10k miles , bolt on 815 whp car.
what ballpark are you thinking, and why are you selling? 815 bolt on is a lot of time and $$ to flip in 2 years, no?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I also don’t understand why the recaros didn’t come with cooled seats. I got the recaros because the love the look and feel of them, but I live in California so on hot days I question my decision.

So why does the 2018/2019 ZL1 Camaro get the 10 speed auto, but all 3rd gen CTS-Vs get the 8 speed? They should have put the 10 speed in the ‘18-19 Vs.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
what ballpark are you thinking, and why are you selling? 815 bolt on is a lot of time and $$ to flip in 2 years, no?
prices are good and i dont see me modding this any further. the setup is simple and a bit more expensive but it drives like stock except the exhaust and power. I still love it every time i see it and never seen another one this color in so cal yet. It definatley gets more attention than my black modded v2 did.
I also don’t understand why the recaros didn’t come with cooled seats. I got the recaros because the love the look and feel of them, but I live in California so on hot days I question my decision.

So why does the 2018/2019 ZL1 Camaro get the 10 speed auto, but all 3rd gen CTS-Vs get the 8 speed? They should have put the 10 speed in the ‘18-19 Vs.
I too live here and it was the reason i settled for non recaros. my last v2 had them and i never thought i could do with out. (6'0 180lbs). But I think they are similar to v2 recaros but with a bit more comfort. They should have given the massage function like our 18 escalade platinum.

Have heard rumors the 10 speed wouldnt fit the V but not sure i believe it . I really would consider the swap if it was a near bolt in and tune. Though they probably saved it for the ct5-v to be able to have any realy performance over the v3.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts