Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any help on what to do next, i am stumped on what this could be.

Recap:
While driving my ‘14 v, under hard acceleration, there was a loud pop. Car immediately revved out and felt like it was in neutral. No grinding or any other noise. Came to a stop while still in drive and there is a slight rubbing friction sound coming from under the car. I looked under the car and the drive shaft is spinning while in drive and at full stop, looks to be either something with the shaft or the diff. Car rolls well, no grinding at all.

Current:
Car was towed home. Inspected DS and axles and everything looked good. With the rear raised, started the car and put it in drive and everything rotates correctly. Put car on ground and same thing. Drained the fluid from diff and it looks good and wasnt low. Refilled with new and drove around the block. Car drives great.

Something happened back there. The only thing i can think of is that rolling the car backwards off the tow truck reset whatever happened.

Is it possible that the LSD can disengage the clutches on both sides?

Where would you start? Everyone so far is saying this isnt possible lol

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Any help on what to do next, i am stumped on what this could be.

Recap:
While driving my ‘14 v, under hard acceleration, there was a loud pop. Car immediately revved out and felt like it was in neutral. No grinding or any other noise. Came to a stop while still in drive and there is a slight rubbing friction sound coming from under the car. I looked under the car and the drive shaft is spinning while in drive and at full stop, looks to be either something with the shaft or the diff. Car rolls well, no grinding at all.

Current:
Car was towed home. Inspected DS and axles and everything looked good. With the rear raised, started the car and put it in drive and everything rotates correctly. Put car on ground and same thing. Drained the fluid from diff and it looks good and wasnt low. Refilled with new and drove around the block. Car drives great.

Something happened back there. The only thing i can think of is that rolling the car backwards off the tow truck reset whatever happened.

Is it possible that the LSD can disengage the clutches on both sides?

Where would you start? Everyone so far is saying this isnt possible lol
Make sure you didnt have an axle bolt back out and then be sheared off...in other words: confirm all fasteners are in tact...they are know to loosen for some.

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mods keep deleting my posts, which has been most unhelpful. As always, forums are the worst place to get help, so i am not surprised. I found the issue, it is pretty straight forward. Thanks Adam112 for your suggestion.

Mods: Suggest revising community rules to HELP people, not be a PIA.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.