Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The differential on my new Vagon overheats at the track & on "spirited" drives in the mountains.
This car is my daily drive.

--> Does anybody know if an aftermarket diff cooler would void my warranty?

·
Super Moderator
8,635 Posts
I can't see how it would possibly void your warranty. The middle eastern V's come with a diff cooler stock. If you were afraid they might and you needed your diff replaced under warranty, it would seem pretty simple to remove beforehand without any evidence of it being there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So diff coolers are stock in some of the hotter places on earth!
"Who knew?"
Thanks for the ammo, hope I never have to use it.

·
Premium Member
17,932 Posts
I'm in Dubai and my V has a stock diff cooler.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
Lucky bastard! #jealous

2nd on Basa - pics or you don't have it!!

·
Premium Member
17,932 Posts
I'll show ya soon as I get out of this gridlock.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
And some videos of the crazy Arab drifting too if you have them LOL!!

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
I'd love to get a set of those rear brake lights as well!

·
Registered
879 Posts
My service manager said 'no go' to the warranty if I add a diff cooler. Just means I'd have to remove it. Seems like a stupid policy given I'm on my third diff in under a year. Doesn't seem like a cooler could make matters any worse...

***Addendum***
I spoke with him again to clarify. He said he has no problem with coolers as long as the cooler doesn't cause 'the' problem. So if the cooler leaked and the diff burned up, my fault. If the cooler is working fine and the diff grenades or whines or whatever, he's game for warranty coverage.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Third diff in under a year?! Do you continue to drive hard once the diff warning light come on? I just want to make sure I don't do whatever you're doing. My car is out of warranty. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Third diff in under a year?! Do you continue to drive hard once the diff warning light come on? I just want to make sure I don't do whatever you're doing. My car is out of warranty. Thanks
The light has never come on. I only drive my car to and from work every day. Clearly the good life is stressing her.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I used to get the winning noise on cold mornings until I replaced the diff oil with the Red Line stuff recommended on here. Just a suggestion

1 - 17 of 17 Posts