Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

Destroyed OEM V3 CF carbon fiber diffuser for $1,229?? really?

4K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  MrSurly 
It's NOT $1400 new. By the time they ship it, it'll cost close to $1600 after tax. I was just looking for a front splitter, and I went to four top sites like GMPARTSDIRECT. Guess what? Although their "discounted" prices vary on the actual part (anywhere from $1254 to 1425), all came out to $1547 and change when shipping was included. Now how is THAT possible?! All these dealer-owned GM part sites jack shipping up RIDICULOUSLY to make you THINK you're getting a deal. Total SCAM. $200 to ship a splitter? GTFOH.
Someone hasn't priced 'large box' shipping lately.
The carriers are jacking prices based on the VOLUME a box takes up, regardless the weight...and Looooongg boxes get even bigger penalties. I had to have shipped, the styrofoam 'impact bar' that resides behind the front bumper on a V2. Imagine a 5" x 5" square fence post that's six foot tall and made of styrofoam. Weighs about a pound. I priced every possible freight method and the cheapest was $142 from PA to TX.

Recently had a CF splitter shipped 120 miles within TX and they did the same. Well over $130.

Off topic for this thread, but we can't even predict shipping charges these days

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.