1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I looked at his other eBay listings and he has 1900+ all for damaged parts. Alot of them are taking with the exact same stone garage wall in the background.
Probably right outside the pick your part junk yard fence.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
It definitely looks repairable but he needs to come down a bit. About $2500 for a brand new one. May be a good deal for someone who can repair it themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Checked the part a few weeks back on gmpartsdirect and it was selling around $1,400 brand new. Not sure what the seller had in mind when posted a destroyed item for $1,200.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WOW $1,400 for OEM is a really good deal! I've only found OEM versions going for around ~$2,300 from similar companies to gmpartsdirect. Weapon X developed one priced at $1,800 with discount, compared to that I'd pay the extra ~$500 for the OEM version.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Are you sure you are not talking about the front splitter? The rear diffuser new from GM Parts Direct costs $2250, not including shipping which would be expensive. It would be nice if someone else like vladi made the diffuser.

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac CTS-V
637 Posts
WOW $1,400 for OEM is a really good deal! I've only found OEM versions going for around ~$2,300 from similar companies to gmpartsdirect. Weapon X developed one priced at $1,800 with discount, compared to that I'd pay the extra ~$500 for the OEM version.
It's NOT $1400 new. By the time they ship it, it'll cost close to $1600 after tax. I was just looking for a front splitter, and I went to four top sites like GMPARTSDIRECT. Guess what? Although their "discounted" prices vary on the actual part (anywhere from $1254 to 1425), all came out to $1547 and change when shipping was included. Now how is THAT possible?! All these dealer-owned GM part sites jack shipping up RIDICULOUSLY to make you THINK you're getting a deal. Total SCAM. $200 to ship a splitter? GTFOH.

Reactions: Blades1_99

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's NOT $1400 new. By the time they ship it, it'll cost close to $1600 after tax. I was just looking for a front splitter, and I went to four top sites like GMPARTSDIRECT. Guess what? Although their "discounted" prices vary on the actual part (anywhere from $1254 to 1425), all came out to $1547 and change when shipping was included. Now how is THAT possible?! All these dealer-owned GM part sites jack shipping up RIDICULOUSLY to make you THINK you're getting a deal. Total SCAM. $200 to ship a splitter? GTFOH.
Ahhh ok, you're talking about the front splitter and not the rear diffuser. this thread got a bit off topic.

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
2,819 Posts
Someone hasn't priced 'large box' shipping lately.
The carriers are jacking prices based on the VOLUME a box takes up, regardless the weight...and Looooongg boxes get even bigger penalties. I had to have shipped, the styrofoam 'impact bar' that resides behind the front bumper on a V2. Imagine a 5" x 5" square fence post that's six foot tall and made of styrofoam. Weighs about a pound. I priced every possible freight method and the cheapest was $142 from PA to TX.

Recently had a CF splitter shipped 120 miles within TX and they did the same. Well over $130.

Off topic for this thread, but we can't even predict shipping charges these days

1 - 14 of 14 Posts