Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
Probably due to the Camaro and the leaked ct6V pictures lol.

Maybe not but man gm needs a new identity imo.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Good riddance. Hey Caddy HQ is in NY!

The nail in the coffin was sales and he had the balls to blame the customer for not buying. Fucktard.

this gem:
“It’s partially happening because of energy prices, where people are less focused on fuel consumption and sedans being lighter,” de Nysschen said in Motor Trend. “But also it’s been driven now by the entry of younger consumers who really are less tuned into dynamics and handling and all of those things that used to excite enthusiasts. It’s more about the way cars complement and enable their lifestyle now.”

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
“But also it’s been driven now by the entry of younger consumers who really are less tuned into dynamics and handling and all of those things that used to excite enthusiasts. It’s more about the way cars complement and enable their lifestyle now.”
Cant say I completely disagree

·
Premium Member
14,377 Posts
Good riddance. Hey Caddy HQ is in NY!

The nail in the coffin was sales and he had the balls to blame the customer for not buying. Fucktard.

this gem:
“It’s partially happening because of energy prices, where people are less focused on fuel consumption and sedans being lighter,” de Nysschen said in Motor Trend. “But also it’s been driven now by the entry of younger consumers who really are less tuned into dynamics and handling and all of those things that used to excite enthusiasts. It’s more about the way cars complement and enable their lifestyle now.”
I don't necessarily disagree with his statement - but were those buyers the target demographic?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
I hope he takes all those stupid new model names with him.

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
JDN raised prices beyond Cadillacs market

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That was my point from the start. I don’t care how good the cars were and whether or not they truly could compete with the Germans... people just don’t yet equate the brand at the same level. They started gaining credibility with the 1st and 2nd gen CTS, and then he got cocky.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
So now the Canadian is in charge, what do you think he will do? the V2/V3 are some of the best cars caddy built and have some shit sales number. Shit I am waiting for the 17's to come of lease and I will steal an ATS-V with all the fixins. I would like to see them go back in the direction that made the V2 such a winner. Price/performance. Stop trying to be European and chasing what the Krauts build. Build that damn luxo barge from one of the prototypes. Have a killer coup/sedan and of course the SUV and truck line and be done with it. Oh ya and move the HQ out of SoHo to a place where real people live.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
That was my point from the start. I don’t care how good the cars were and whether or not they truly could compete with the Germans... people just don’t yet equate the brand at the same level. They started gaining credibility with the 1st and 2nd gen CTS, and then he got cocky.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Totally agree.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Good. It’s a little embarrassing that Lincoln is making better looking SUVs than Cadillac. That new Aviator will probably kill the camouflaged XT6 that was shown a couple does ago.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Good. It’s a little embarrassing that Lincoln is making better looking SUVs than Cadillac. That new Aviator will probably kill the camouflaged XT6 that was shown a couple does ago.
I completely agree!
The current Escalade/Yukon/Tahoe seems completely out-dated in comparison to the new Lincoln/Ford SUV's coming to market.

And... It's interesting to see Lincoln dropping that silly alphanumeric "MKC3P0" name crap that DeNysschen advocated so hard for at Cadillac. (Seriously, who in the hell thinks the name "CT6" sounds classy, sexy, powerful, or luxurious? :()

·
Super Moderator
16,532 Posts
FTR, new T1 SUVs are coming out next year as MY2020.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 33 Posts