Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Upon starting my car this morning my nav screen started to come up but then turned completely black and all the center console buttons and lights also went black. Everything else works. None of the buttons on the center stack work except the mag ride control and hazards. The nav screen will not go back down. I have tried pulling the positive battery cable off for 15 mins and still nothing however once I put the positive cable back on the screen now illuminates black but stays blank and still none of the lights or buttons on the center stack works. I have tightened the ground bolt in the trunk in the center of the fuse panel. I looked under the drive side seat for any disconnected connectors and found nothing. I will check the fuses and pull the center console trim to look for any loose connections. Has anyone else had similar issues and ideas on what happened or what to look for? I have seen a couple of posts but no solutions.
2012 CTS-V coupe

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Check all the fuses. That sounds like a bad fuse. If not a fuse take dash apart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Thecaddykidd

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had this issue happen to me. I did two things not sure which one of them fixed the problem. I took apart the center console and the plug at the bottom right that powers everything was slightly miss aligned so I unplugged and reattached making sure it was secure. The other thing I did was back out the bolt that hold the fuse block in the rear of the car above the battery. This was also slightly loose so I reattached tightly with the bolt. My center console has not had a problem since and came of when I powered on the car. Hope this helps!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had this issue happen to me. I did two things not sure which one of them fixed the problem. I took apart the center console and the plug at the bottom right that powers everything was slightly miss aligned so I am unplugged and reattached making sure it was secure. The other thing I did was back out the bolt that hold the fuse block in the rear of the car above the battery. This was also slightly loose so I reattached tightly with the bolt. My center console has not had a problem since and came of when I powered on the car. Hope this helps!!
Thank you for the help I will give it a try. It seems like this is a fairly common issue, but not a lot of information on it. Thanks again I will give this a shot in the morning. The screen now illuminates black or blank and never goes off still nothing for the rest of the console. Is there any specific fuses that I need to look at or and specific connectors under the driver side seat I am going to try everything I can in the morning.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just got the center console removed. I don't see a loose connector. I am going to remove the larger radio box now to look behind it. Where would the larger power connector be? I am guessing behind the box.
Alright just got the radio out and seem the larger power connector. It looked fine but I went ahead and disconnect every connector and reconnected them one at a time just to be on the safe side. I also checked the ribbon cable coming off the screen to make sure it wasn't loose and it felt fine. Now to put it back together and loosen the fise ground bolt before I put the battery back on

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No luck, the center stack is still dead and the screen still lights up black/grey. I checked all the fuses under the hood and in the trunk they all checked good. I was trying to find the center console auxiliary power relay in the trunk but couldn't find it. Any idea were to look next?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts