Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2019 V3
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 CTS-V that I bought a couple of months ago. It now has almost has 20K miles on it. There are only a few issues about this car that irritate me, a major one being all the rattle and buzz sounds coming from inside the dash. At any highway speeds and a lot of consistent speed driving in town, there are at least two things inside the dash that seem to buzz with a harmonic vibration. I can't seem to locate them. It's intermittent and seems to come from somewhere in the left and right sides (driver/passenger) of the dash without any pattern.

Is there a known area in the dash where clips break, or wiring harnesses rub, or the GM assembly line people would drop pennies into unreachable areas?

·
Registered
5 Posts
My '16 is pretty free of squeaks and rattles, but once in a while there will be a squeak when going over a bump and is caused by not closing the glove box firmly enough. Opening and closing firmly gets rid of it for me

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac CTS-V
516 Posts
Went in 2 weeks ago under warranty due to the failure of the driveshaft carrier bearing, but ended up getting the CUE screen replaced a week later as well because the dealer left the car in the 100* blazing sun without installing the sunshade that was conveniently sitting in the passenger seat for that very reason.

Best part was that they dropped the SW exhaust to get to the driveshaft, left the exhaust tips crooked complete with an exhaust leak, didn't secure the heat shield in the tunnel so it rattled like hell until it fell off, and tried to gave the car back to me with a cracked CUE screen. There's no way they even test drove it. NO WAY.

Anyway, now I have like 3 rattles in the fucking dash from the CUE, and my crooked SW exhaust is banging the trans tunnel. Until computers can be designed to actually fix the car instead of just diagnose it, we're stuck with these glorified wrench holders. There's usually ONE guy per dealer that actually KNOWS what the fuck it is he's doing, but I just moved, and haven't found him at my local dealer yet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2019 CTS-V that I bought a couple of months ago. It now has almost has 20K miles on it. There are only a few issues about this car that irritate me, a major one being all the rattle and buzz sounds coming from inside the dash. At any highway speeds and a lot of consistent speed driving in town, there are at least two things inside the dash that seem to buzz with a harmonic vibration. I can't seem to locate them. It's intermittent and seems to come from somewhere in the left and right sides (driver/passenger) of the dash without any pattern.

Is there a known area in the dash where clips break, or wiring harnesses rub, or the GM assembly line people would drop pennies into unreachable areas?
We have three 2011, 2018 and 2019. No none issues on the V3 and your under warranty so take it to the dealership.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
the carbon trim is common for lifting and delaminating.

When the noise occurs , try having a passenger or yourself put pressure on the area to attempt to isolate the noise. My 18 will sometime squeak near the seat belt on the b pillar where you can adjust its height , you should be able to notice if it was that though.

·
Registered
231 Posts
My '17 has 62k miles - no rattles or squeaks from the dash. I do have a sloped driveway that is 90-degrees off an uphill climb and at times I think I actually end up on 3 wheels turning into the driveway. After a couple thousand trips in and out of the driveway I do get a creek from the sunroof area on occasions from something flexing. Have a BMW that does the same, my driveway is just an unusual torture test for 4-door vehicles with sunroofs.

Have you checked to see if the pad on top of the wireless charger is secured and not moving around inside the dash?

·
Registered
160 Posts
I’ve got a rattle at the driver’s seatbelt retractor on the B-pillar, the lever that allows you to move the belt up or down. I had to jam a little folded piece of paper to keep it quiet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
My '17 has 62k miles - no rattles or squeaks from the dash. I do have a sloped driveway that is 90-degrees off an uphill climb and at times I think I actually end up on 3 wheels turning into the driveway. After a couple thousand trips in and out of the driveway I do get a creek from the sunroof area on occasions from something flexing. Have a BMW that does the same, my driveway is just an unusual torture test for 4-door vehicles with sunroofs.

Have you checked to see if the pad on top of the wireless charger is secured and not moving around inside the dash?
I have this EXACT issue with my driveway, and HAD the sunroof "flex" sound in my '16 with ~ 60K miles, finally took it to the dealer, who said it's actually a common issue. They took down the headliner, greased, and tightened all the connection points. It's been > 1 year without return of the sunroof flex sound. I would take it in if you could (mine is CPO, so still under warranty when I fixed it).

·
Registered
2019 V3
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Follow up.

I rarely drive this car, so I haven't had many miles behind the wheel since I first posted.

It was in the 60s here when I started this thread. The last time I drove it, the temperature was around 85. The dash rattle was less in the heat, but still there.

I put about 30 miles on it today with the temp around 65 again. Not one rattle. :unsure:

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had the heads up display rattle. And the dealership found road debris in the fender liner area that was rattling also, just some rocks and a random bolt.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts