Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1121 - 1137 of 1137 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 CTS-V Sedan A6
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,121 ·
So just to be clear, with this splitter, you can data log and have an Aeroforce or other such gauge in place and running, you just can't make adjustments to tunes while said gauge is plugged in.

Is this correct?

I ask because I will be changing out entertainment stack soon and the clock can go bye-bye and a gauge could go in and I would like to log and have a gauge.
Correct. I don't know if other scan gauges will work, but for sure the Aeroforce does scan and display data while HPT is actively scanning.

Reactions: Blades1_99

·
Registered
281 Posts
Is the aeroforce set to scan or only two channels? I wonder if that makes a difference?

I have tried a bunch of cables but never had any luck running both of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2014 CTS-V Sedan A6
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,123 · (Edited)
Is the aeroforce set to scan or only two channels? I wonder if that makes a difference?

I have tried a bunch of cables but never had any luck running both of them.
it's scanning two channels. I never sent it in for the 4 channel upgrade. I really only use it to monitor oil temp anyway.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Oh, probably, but now that shit works. You cannot write your PCM with HPT while the Aeroforce is connected. You do have to unplug it while writing.

I use my Aeroforce to monitor oil temps for the engine. The factory engine oil temp output is a predicted number and no where near accurate with an aftermarket iron block, lol. Once I see oil temps hit 180F, I can give her the sauce.

When I get home today, I'll share the connector I got. it was from Ebay and was $20 shipped.
Does the factory E67 ecu read engine oil temperature? Do you know if it reads it and outputs it via OBD2?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Does the factory E67 ecu read engine oil temperature? Do you know if it reads it and outputs it via OBD2?
in Aus we get the oil temp sensor in the sump its part of the low oil sensor in the side if u have that should be 3 wire then u have actual oil temp, if u unplug it u should get the code for oil temp show up

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
in Aus we get the oil temp sensor in the sump its part of the low oil sensor in the side if u have that should be 3 wire then u have actual oil temp, if u unplug it u should get the code for oil temp show up
Ahh. That’s why. I have ls1 sump

·
Premium Member
2014 CTS-V Sedan A6
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,127 · (Edited)
Well, track day was last night and that shit was a blast. The last time I was out at a track was 12 years ago and that was with some front wheel drive shit. I will say, with a turbo car, the stock TC is an absolute no go. On the street it’s alright, but I could NOT stall it at the track (which I knew) and boost wasn’t up until after the 60”

That being said, my best run was [email protected]. That was with a 2.1 60’ lol.

Regardless of track performance, I’m putting a bolt together 3200 stall, triple disc converter in it. Maybe next spring I’ll pick up the LPE two step so I can run those sweet 1.5 60s’

Car performed well, drove 50min there and back.
Font Material property Receipt Pattern Number

·
Premium Member
16,456 Posts
Good mph.

My neighbor traps almost 160mph, sooo....

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2014 CTS-V Sedan A6
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,129 ·
What do you mean your neighbor traps almost 160? I don't know what he drives bro.

·
Premium Member
2014 CTS-V Sedan A6
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,130 ·
Also, don't ever buy the new house brand oxygen sensors from O'Reilly's. They are Walker O2 sensors. Both failed on me and were commanding +20 LTFT at idle which caused idle to be .80L.

I'm returning them both and just sticking with Bosch NB sensors.

Before you go and ask, "Jason, why are you even using LTFTs" just know, I like them. Now that the car is tuned on SD, I've switched it back to Maf and have tuned that. I'm only flowing 13,200hz and will not exceed it's capability (15Khz). I like how the computer can adjust fueling for temperature and pressure and I don't have to adjust the tune at all.

So, the old Bosch sensors are back in until I return the Walker sensors and exchange them.

Product space shuttle Spacecraft Rocket Engineering

·
Premium Member
2014 CTS-V Sedan A6
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,131 · (Edited)
So here's what also interesting. In 4th gear under WOT at 5,500 RPM my maf Hz are 13,277. They stay at 13,277 the rest of the pull all the way to 6,700 RPM. What also happens during this time is that i start to lean out and fuel pressure is holding at a solid 77PSI. At 5,500 i'm at 7.4L by the time I'm at 6,700 RPM i'm at .84L. No change in maf and no change in fuel pressure? There is a drop in IPW though.

IPW is 14.5 at 5,500 RPM and by the time i'm at 6,700 RPM i'm at 11.8 IPW

I think the injector data needs to be tweaked. What do you all think?

Also I NEED ALKY and eventually better turbos. My IATs were 159F at the end of the run. Started out at 120F, but 160 is too much IMO.

**I think I found a fix for this. EQ commanded ratio vs RPM. I can command a richer EQ to offset whatever is doing this. I can't find anything in my tune that would be causing this drop in IPW.

Reactions: 07GTS

·
Registered
197 Posts
So here's what also interesting. In 4th gear under WOT at 5,500 RPM my maf Hz are 13,277. They stay at 13,277 the rest of the pull all the way to 6,700 RPM. What also happens during this time is that i start to lean out and fuel pressure is holding at a solid 77PSI. At 5,500 i'm at 7.4L by the time I'm at 6,700 RPM i'm at .84L. No change in maf and no change in fuel pressure? There is a drop in IPW though.

IPW is 14.5 at 5,500 RPM and by the time i'm at 6,700 RPM i'm at 11.8 IPW

I think the injector data needs to be tweaked. What do you all think?

Also I NEED ALKY and eventually better turbos. My IATs were 159F at the end of the run. Started out at 120F, but 160 is too much IMO.

**I think I found a fix for this. EQ commanded ratio vs RPM. I can command a richer EQ to offset whatever is doing this. I can't find anything in my tune that would be causing this drop in IPW.
whats the cyl grams airmass doing at that point ? is it stalling also if so u may have found a flow restriction, VE level out also ? make sure the vve is tune up there it may be reverting to it if its too far out compared to the maf ?

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
What is your map value?

That is likely skewing it somehow. The modifiers for the injectors can vary widely based on map, engine voltage as you know.

So yea, what’s system voltage also??

See this is the thing that makes the great tuners great. It’s easy to say ‘I like that the stock ecm can adjust for temp etc…’ but actually dialing in all variables is no cake walk.

Closed loop wot ftw!!!

·
Premium Member
2014 CTS-V Sedan A6
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,134 ·
whats the cyl grams airmass doing at that point ? is it stalling also if so u may have found a flow restriction, VE level out also ? make sure the vve is tune up there it may be reverting to it if its too far out compared to the maf ?
Well the Maf flows to 15,000hz and I was at 13,277. It does seem like flow was capped as boost was stable. Fuel pressure was stable, ect. The only thing that was dropping was my IPW. The VVE is tuned but not perfectly. The higher KPA cells were ramped rich. I suppose I could do some more work dialing in VVE, I just like using the Maf for improved drivability.

Cylinder airmass is dropping.

5,500rpm it’s 2.3g 6,100 it’s 2.1g 6,700 it’s 1.89g.

What is your map value?

That is likely skewing it somehow. The modifiers for the injectors can vary widely based on map, engine voltage as you know.

So yea, what’s system voltage also??

See this is the thing that makes the great tuners great. It’s easy to say ‘I like that the stock ecm can adjust for temp etc…’ but actually dialing in all variables is no cake walk.

Closed loop wot ftw!!!
System voltage was stable 14.2v. All the injector tables don’t go high enough to adjust. There’s an injector modifier that is for map but guess what? 180kpa it’s done and you can’t edit it.

I couldn’t find a table that would make sense so I just increased the PEvsRPM table to command more fuel over 5,700rpm. I noticed IPW dropped in third as well so this should solve the problem.

Rectangle Font Pattern Parallel Magenta

·
Premium Member
2014 CTS-V Sedan A6
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,135 · (Edited)
So when IPW drops, so does absolute load......i'm trying to research this, but not coming up with any kind of helpful results.

My fuel pressure is stable, boost is stable, and MAF Hz is also stable as RPM's climb. So since my MAF is stable as RPMs climb, this means I've reached a peak in airflow even as RPMs climb. Now, is the computer thinking that since the RPMs are climbing and the airflow isn't, load is decreased? If so, I don't really understand why the airflow reached this peak but RPMs climb.

I believe it and don't at the same time. If the engine is an air pump, and boost pressure is holding, why is airflow not climbing with RPM?

This is most perplexing.

I found this table under Engine>Torque Model>General>Equivalence Ratio Commanded

Stock table -
Rectangle Font Parallel Tints and shades Pattern

My changes
Rectangle World Art Wood Font

I figure I don’t want something like this making changes to my main fuel scheduling so maybe this will help. I noticed it would pull fuel at higher RPM, but they aren’t linear like my absolute load decrease and IPW decrease.

·
Registered
197 Posts
leave that torque table as it was it is how the torque number is calculated based on the eqratio its not to do with actual fueling, if the maf is stalling out see what its like in vve only as that can have a solid map but increase fuel with rpm so u will be safe with fuel, will save u fudging it in other ways, then have to see why maf is staying solid which if u keep it in but failed u will be able to safely test it to see if it goes past that hz if u can add another psi boost or two and see if it goes past

·
Premium Member
2014 CTS-V Sedan A6
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,137 ·
leave that torque table as it was it is how the torque number is calculated based on the eqratio its not to do with actual fueling, if the maf is stalling out see what its like in vve only as that can have a solid map but increase fuel with rpm so u will be safe with fuel, will save u fudging it in other ways, then have to see why maf is staying solid which if u keep it in but failed u will be able to safely test it to see if it goes past that hz if u can add another psi boost or two and see if it goes past
Thanks for the heads up on the torque table.

Yes, the Maf does stall out at different boost levels. On gate pressure 165kpa Maf stalls out at like 12,300hz and the same thing happens with fueling and load numbers.

I’ll fail the Maf and see how it behaves on SD. Will put the radials on it and do a third gear pull….provided my VVE table is on point. If not I’ll do some tuning with it on increased boost to make sure I’m gtg there.

Thanks everyone for the input.

Reactions: 07GTS
1121 - 1137 of 1137 Posts