Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1101 - 1120 of 1137 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 CTS-V Sedan A6
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,102 ·
No sway bars? Is that good or bad?
I've spoken with a few people that have the tube subframe and they do not notice the sway bar being gone. I'm sure they aren't cornering at high rates of speed or making quick directional changes though. The way I drive my V, I will probable get that down the road. It's all straight line for me. I really don't take hard corners with it.

I would imagine you could improve the rear sway bar to help compensate for the front sway bar not being there.

·
Premium Member
16,456 Posts
If you're not going for a new PB on on-ramps, then you're doing it wrong.

There's one 270* over-pass on-ramp that I've only gotten to 82mph on, but it's scary. :D

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,217 Posts
I would imagine you could improve the rear sway bar to help compensate for the front sway bar not being there.
Actually...no. In fact you would more likely want to remove the rear or disconnect its links.
having the rear bar with no front in a front-engined chassis will foster surprising oversteer.
You would want to go for 'balance' instead of that set up.

·
Premium Member
2014 CTS-V Sedan A6
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,105 ·
New black chrome tips going on.

Musical instrument Drinkware Fluid Gas Household hardware

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Bumper Floor

·
Premium Member
2014 CTS-V Sedan A6
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,106 ·
Got the drag pack artwork hung up. So much room for activities now.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Camera lens

Cloud Sky Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting

I’m also going to try this OBD2 splitter out. I’d like to be able to see my Aeroforce gauge when I’m data logging with HPT since I have an analog port for actual oil temp

Gear shift Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive design

·
Registered
197 Posts
im using one of those (or couple) splitters, ive got the main obd going into the 2 aem widebands, ngauge, then a obd over to the passenger side for hptuners, then one back to the factory location encase its needed there, seems to all work (havnt had it running tho but just with key on) gets bit bulky tho i almost just soldiered it all in

·
Registered
805 Posts
I’d be curious if they can communicate at the same time or it causes too much noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
448 Posts
Using the spliiter, I dont believe you can have 2 devices polling at the same time.

Reactions: Blades1_99

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Yea can’t do aero force and log at same time. As of like a year ago at least.

Would be tits.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I wonder why it won't work...???
Because data doesn’t just dump to either one. The Aeroforce or HP Tuners module or whatever monitoring device polls for information on each channel. The gauge sends out a request for last known value on xxx channel for which ever channels are requested at whatever sample rate is provided.

The protocol isn’t designed to handle request from more than one outside device at a time through the OBD port.

Same thing happens on radio networks. You get one radio in a field of radios that talks out of turn (chirper) it brings down your comms on everything tied to the same master device as the chirper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2014 CTS-V Sedan A6
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,115 ·

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Well hell! Thanks for that confirmation!

Looking at getting back in something with an aeroforce myself so this is helpful ;)

·
Premium Member
2014 CTS-V Sedan A6
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,118 ·
That’s awesome!

I could’ve sworn a few years ago the general consensus was no. Thanks for not taking my word for it!
Oh, probably, but now that shit works. You cannot write your PCM with HPT while the Aeroforce is connected. You do have to unplug it while writing.

Well hell! Thanks for that confirmation!

Looking at getting back in something with an aeroforce myself so this is helpful ;)
I use my Aeroforce to monitor oil temps for the engine. The factory engine oil temp output is a predicted number and no where near accurate with an aftermarket iron block, lol. Once I see oil temps hit 180F, I can give her the sauce.

When I get home today, I'll share the connector I got. it was from Ebay and was $20 shipped.

Reactions: Blades1_99

·
Registered
197 Posts
Oh, probably, but now that shit works. You cannot write your PCM with HPT while the Aeroforce is connected. You do have to unplug it while writing.

I use my Aeroforce to monitor oil temps for the engine. The factory engine oil temp output is a predicted number and no where near accurate with an aftermarket iron block, lol. Once I see oil temps hit 180F, I can give her the sauce.

When I get home today, I'll share the connector I got. it was from Ebay and was $20 shipped.
do u do a hpt write with key in accessories or ignition ? if ignition see what its like in accessories encase that lets u do it with all gauges hooked up

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
So just to be clear, with this splitter, you can data log and have an Aeroforce or other such gauge in place and running, you just can't make adjustments to tunes while said gauge is plugged in.

Is this correct?

I ask because I will be changing out entertainment stack soon and the clock can go bye-bye and a gauge could go in and I would like to log and have a gauge.

1101 - 1120 of 1137 Posts