Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

601 - 620 of 726 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,929 Posts
Funny how we both came up with almost the same fuel system. I'm looking to T mine into a inline filter before the engine bay, but otherwise we're doing the same ALM fuel hat, dual -6 into a single -8, then T-ing into the rails.

:)

Motion Raceworks has a pretty trick ethanol sensor bypass that Adam pointed out. Fore also has a nice AN adapter for the OEM fuel sensor that wasn't too pricey.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
841 Posts
Funny how we both came up with almost the same fuel system. I'm looking to T mine into a inline filter before the engine bay, but otherwise we're doing the same ALM fuel hat, dual -6 into a single -8, then T-ing into the rails.

Motion Raceworks has a pretty trick ethanol sensor bypass that Adam pointed out. Fore also has a nice AN adapter for the OEM fuel sensor that wasn't too pricey.

Ethenal sensor bypass. Would you elaborate? I just got into the e85 game wouldn't mind new knowledge.

·
Premium Member
15,929 Posts
Ethenal sensor bypass. Would you elaborate? I just got into the e85 game wouldn't mind new knowledge.
The GM sensors are -6 AN tube size, so for larger fuel demand they become a restriction in the line. What JAustin did (and what the billet adapter above does) is basically make two parallel paths where the sensor reads ethanol percentage on one side and the other is open to allow the least amount of restriction possible.

This is only a good idea when you are going to bigger than stock fuel line.

·
Premium Member
2014 CTS-V Sedan A6
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #605 ·
Now, since I'm waiting on completing the fuel system stuff (waiting on that sweet amazon prime T fitting and clamping up all the new fuel line) I pulled my LS3 manifold and drilled and tapped all three vacuum inputs to 1/8 NPT. I'll be making 4AN everything.

Reactions: random84

·
Premium Member
2014 CTS-V Sedan A6
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #606 ·

Damn, that comes with a sweet bracket. Where do you mount yours?

I'm still running stock in tank pumps. I'll see where this fuel system takes me and improve from there. Now that I have the ZR1 pressure relief valve, I think It will work a lot better than before with maintaining 72-74 PSI.

·
Premium Member
2014 CTS-V Sedan A6
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #607 ·
@Rubber Duck

Quick question for you. Might be a couple actually.

First, do you think I'm ok with running 4 bolt LSA heads. These were ported by Frankenstein Engine Dynamics and have pretty good flow characteristics. They had .030 shaved off the deck in order to bring chamber volume back down, so I'm concerned about the current deck thickness and high power levels.

I have the Dart LSNext block that has the 6 bolt provision for the heads. I was wanting to upgrade to a thicker deck head that uses the 6 bolt head pattern. Now, I don't think I need some extreme head since I'm at my power goal. I just don't want to take steps back in power. I'm currently using LS3/LSA Yella Terra 1:7 shaft roller rockers. The TSP heads are the only head that allow me to keep them. The heads require a different rocker setup. There are better heads out there, but I want to keep the cost below $4K. The M311 would be max budget because I'd have to purchase new rockers and that would bring me close to $4K. The cam going in is 236/246, .627/.615, 115LSA.

Thanks for your thoughts.

The Texas Speed PRC heads:
  • $2,829.99
  • NEW PRC 13-Degree Valve Angle LS3 Castings
  • Improved Piston-to-Valve Clearance For Extra Compression & Larger Camshafts
  • Smaller Than Stock Intake Port Volume For Improved Port Velocity
  • Stainless Steel 2.170" Intake, 1.60" Inconel Exhaust Valves
  • Billet Rocker Pedestals
  • Completely Assembled and Milled to Your Specifications
  • 60-68cc Chambers
  • CHE Bronze Guides
  • 260cc Runners
  • Unknown Deck Thickness
FED M311 Heads
  • $3,250
  • 11° valve angle
  • Solid, stainless 2.165” intake / 1.600” inconel exhaust valves
  • 4.000” minimum bore size
  • Manley Polished Nextek HP Dual 0.660” lift Spring Kit
  • 273cc equivalent
  • FED Billet M311 Rocker Stands can be purchased for an additional fee.
  • CHE Bronze Guides
  • 0.750″ Deck Structure

·
Premium Member
15,929 Posts
I personally think you are in 6 bolt head territory on ethanol chamber pressures. But that's just because I know you're going to make a lot of power.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I'm currently using LS3/LSA Yella Terra 1:7 shaft roller rockers. The TSP heads are the only head that allow me to keep them. The heads require a different rocker setup. There are better heads out there, but I want to keep the cost below $4K. The M311 would be max budget because I'd have to purchase new rockers and that would bring me close to $4K.
The Brodix BR3 use a completely stock rocker setup. Check with LT1Z for pricing for the LME ported BR3’s. They would be under your $4k budget even with inconel exhaust valves and chamber softening.

The BR7-3? from wcch are different and use ls7 rockers.

Reactions: JAustin

·
Premium Member
2014 CTS-V Sedan A6
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #610 ·
The Brodix BR3 use a completely stock rocker setup. Check with LT1Z for pricing for the LME ported BR3’s. They would be under your $4k budget even with inconel exhaust valves and chamber softening.

The BR7-3? from wcch are different and use ls7 rockers.
I'll message him on those as they are a possibility now. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2014 CTS-V Sedan A6
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #611 ·
I guess add a third option.....that I'm going with thanks to @MeanMike, I appreciate it bro! I hit up @Lt1z on info regarding the ported Brodix BR3 6 bolt heads with inconel exhaust valves and softened chambers. They have the .750" deck, 6 bolt setup and they use LS3/LSA style rockers that was a must. They are also within budget. Matt also sold me the cam for this setup so I bet going this rout, I'll have a better heads and cam combination that will work best with my setup.

You all made it too easy for this retired AF veteran!

Thanks Matt!

·
Premium Member
2014 CTS-V Sedan A6
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #612 ·
LME ported Brodix BR3 heads ordered. These things are coming with CHE guides, inconel exhaust valves and softened chambers. I'm excited to have the 6 bolt feature for that extra clamping force and the .750" deck for all the strength. I'll more than likely be able to retain my Yella Terra 1:7 shaft roller rockers. Huge deal for me since I don't want to buy rockers again and I really want the roller tip to not load the valve stem and shorten the life of the rocker.

Thanks Matt @Lt1z.

·
Premium Member
2014 CTS-V Sedan A6
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #613 · (Edited)
So it looks like while I’m taking the engine apart a bit for the head upgrade, I’ll be shipping my manifolds to get thermal coated. I’ll be getting them coated by Swaintech. Getting that white lightning coating. Pretty stoked seeing the reviews and the amazing reduction in under hood temps.

Theres a lot of lines that run past these manifolds and this will help keep them lasting a long time in a less hot environment.

Not to mention the performance gain in keeping the exhaust heat in to spool those turbs faster.

·
Premium Member
2014 CTS-V Sedan A6
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #614 · (Edited)
I won’t be coating the turbine housings, I have turbo blankets to put in once they are out. Should do a good job at managing the heat from that source.

Attachments

Reactions: Unavowed and jcmgt

·
Premium Member
2009 Sedan
301 Posts
😂 I just got off the phone with them an hour ago. Hopefully I can get my stuff there before YOU. 😬

Even though my turbine housings are stainless, I think I'm going to coat them as well. Jon said I am going to be very close in the space available for the parts he sent, so I don't know if a blanket is going to fit.

·
Premium Member
2014 CTS-V Sedan A6
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #616 ·
😂 I just got off the phone with them an hour ago. Hopefully I can get my stuff there before YOU. 😬

Even though my turbine housings are stainless, I think I'm going to coat them as well. Jon said I am going to be very close in the space available for the parts he sent, so I don't know if a blanket is going to fit.
Yeah, you don't have to worry there. I still have to remove my exhaust manifolds, turbos and package them up. It's going to be a couple weeks until I have the time to do all that. Your stuff will be done and on the way back to you by the time mine gets there, lol. What did they say for turn around time?

Reactions: random84

·
Premium Member
15,929 Posts
When I did it, it took about a month shipping both ways. Overall very reasonable.

I am 100% pleased with the coating and performance. Just make sure you tape off ALL mating surfaces. You'll have to use a grinder to get that shit off if you forget something.

·
Premium Member
2014 CTS-V Sedan A6
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #619 ·
A true baller would have the manifolds Extrude Honed first, then sent to Swaintech. Just sayin..
If I needed to find more power, I'd consider it, but this damn thing makes more power than I expected. I just want the engine bay temps down and to keep the heat where it belongs.

But I like your style.

·
Premium Member
2009 Sedan
301 Posts
4-5 weeks.

He was sure to point out to me this isn't pretty. "It's like white sandpaper, and will probably crack after use, but there's enough thickness below the surface that's it's still coated."

😁😁 I suppose if I hadn't read a lot of internet after seeing posts from @random84 I might have had second thoughts, but I had already seen numerous posts about the finish. 👍

Hopefully Swain's 4-5 weeks isn't the same length weeks as Borowski, XtremeCFM, Crower and Circle D. 😢😢🙏

601 - 620 of 726 Posts