Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

501 - 520 of 522 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #501
I went with Comp oil-less air-cooled 6264s. I have a Don Hardy Racing built LSA, still 376. Don built the motor specifically for twins, with the solid roller cam ground to match the heads for the twin application. I've been driving it for almost 2 years NA, while I waited for the Huron kit. In addition to the built motor, I've got the Fore triple pump system with hydramats, the flex fuel sensor and ID1700s, so when it's boost time, E85 will feel right at home.

Not sure when I'll get into the install, as life is pushing me to possibly move again in the next year or so, this time I'm finally going to buy the big tract of land I want and build on... So I'm not spending extra cash on anything right now, until I figure that out.

Once I do install, I'll likely have to build the tranny and get upgrades axles at least, haven't decided on the driveshaft and rear end. I've got the WXM rear diff cooler, and so far it's in good shape. It's still a blast to drive, even if it REALLY needs boost... I'm making stock power right now without it, but right before it was stolen I had just done heads and cam and was hovering around 700rwhp, so stock power feels slow. But at least I've got three pedals so the fun factor is still up there. Lol.
When you get it all installed, please let me know how the oil-less turbos perform. I'm interested in the KISS method and damn, a few pumps of special lube every 3K miles is pretty KISS.

When you said Fore system I cringed for a moment, but then you said you were using hydromats. That should keep you from losing fuel pressure and give you the ability to run your tank down all the way so you aren't getting gas every 60-80 miles. You got fueling covered for sure!

For now, I'm on stock in-tank pumps and a 255LPH Aux. You probably read that I'm giving the Aux pump it's own line all the way up to a Y fitting where it will join the stock line into a 8AN for filtration, then back to a Y and two 6AN lines, one to each rail. I'm hoping this setup will work to maintain 65-72PSI FP across the whole RPM range. Time will tell if that works. Worst case, if my pressure drops I'll look into upgrading the aux pump.

I'm thinking about my transmission as well. I've got 71,500 miles on it and would like to upgrade the torque converter anyway. Looking to upgrade to a 3,000 stall and triple disc lock up clutch. There's a few other upgrades to do when the trans comes out, but I'm not there yet.

Reactions: loweredd

·
Registered
624 Posts
You nailed it on the Fore system... Before I added the hydramats I was getting gas at a half tank, it was annoying. But anything less than that and I ran the risk of losing pressure, which at least once I did, taking a hard right very spiritedly. Ever since adding the mats, it's been fantastic.

Fortunately for me, I bought a new OEM TR6060 when I rebuilt the car, and I got a new Monster triple disc clutch, so as long as I don't just hammer on it nonstop, I may not need to address it immediately. But when I do, I'm leaning towards a Tick build, with faceplated gears at least. We'll see.

I'll definitely let you know how those Comp turbos work out. I read as much as I could on them but there were very few reviews of the newer units. One common theme I did read was that their customer service was fantastic, so I'm hopeful.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
13,053 Posts
You nailed it on the Fore system... Before I added the hydramats I was getting gas at a half tank, it was annoying. But anything less than that and I ran the risk of losing pressure, which at least once I did, taking a hard right very spiritedly. Ever since adding the mats, it's been fantastic.

Fo

We have some new return system options that don not have the issues the Fore hat has in the V2 tank and does not require hydrants etc.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #504
Slight setback.....guess who ordered LS1/LS6 fuel rails....SMH. LS3 rails ordered. Will be able to finish the fuel system then.

Reactions: Rubber Duck

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #505
My black M6 intake manifold bolts arrived though....I didn't mess that up, LOL. Also, I forgot about needing 15' of vacuum line and fittings. So I ordered that too.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #506
Manifold bolts in, looking nice with the black.

Also the new coupler gives me room for the mass airflow sensor.

Filters arrived and fit. Need to make a short extension for the passenger filter. It hits the transmission. Only need to extend it a little.

I'm going to mount the boost controller where the Aeroforce gauge is now, and move the Aeroforce back to the clock position where I had it a few months ago. It was nice having the clock back in there, but it must now go.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Manifold bolts in, looking nice with the black. View attachment 147968

Also the new coupler gives me room for the mass airflow sensor.

View attachment 147969

Filters arrived and fit. Need to make a short extension for the passenger filter. It hits the transmission. Only need to extend it a little.
View attachment 147970

I'm going to mount the boost controller where the Aeroforce gauge is now, and move the Aeroforce back to the clock position where I had it a few months ago. It was nice having the clock back in there, but it must now go.

View attachment 147971
Could always pick up a vent pod for the driver defrost vent...I forget who but there's a member on here who 3D prints them and they look really nice.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #508
Could always pick up a vent pod for the driver defrost vent...I forget who but there's a member on here who 3D prints them and they look really nice.
Man, I'm already there.

Reactions: V_Wagon

·
Registered
624 Posts
Bingo

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #510
So, gear change here. The turbos I have are not 6262.....they are 67/66 T4/.82 AR - Dual ball bearing. They also require water cooling since they are ball bearing. Good thing I still have the oil cooler stock coolant line provisions. I'll be tapping into that water source to take care of that.

In the grand scheme of things these are better suited for my displacement, but damn....If I wanted to make 1,400 to the tire, I could, lol. I don't have the fuel for that madness. I'll stick to my sub 4 digit goals.

Turbosmart gauge in it's home. Still have to wire it up to power, ground, RPM input, ect.

Reactions: Rubber Duck

·
Registered
1,937 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #512
Reactions: Blades1_99

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #513
Shorter AN oil fittings for the oil inlet arrived. Now they should give me more room for the 90 4AN fittings. The ones that came with the turbos are tall. Need to buy a stubby 13mm wrench to tighten the bolts that hold the turbine housing in position....not a lot of room under there to get tools in place.

Ordered 6AN push-lock fittings for the water lines.

Fuel system parts should be in this weekend. I plan on finishing up that this weekend and being able to pressure test my fuel system.

I'm going to drill a 10AN bulkhead in my drivers side valve cover for the MM catch can since the oil scavange pump for the turbos needs a place to tap into that is also 10AN.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Shorter AN oil fittings for the oil inlet arrived. Now they should give me more room for the 90 4AN fittings. The ones that came with the turbos are tall. Need to buy a stubby 13mm wrench to tighten the bolts that hold the turbine housing in position....not a lot of room under there to get tools in place.

Ordered 6AN push-lock fittings for the water lines.

Fuel system parts should be in this weekend. I plan on finishing up that this weekend and being able to pressure test my fuel system.

I'm going to drill a 10AN bulkhead in my drivers side valve cover for the MM catch can since the oil scavange pump for the turbos needs a place to tap into that is also 10AN.
get a LASERed or waterjet wrench to suite your needs.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #515
12 packages from eBay came in today.....almost everything I needed to complete the install. Still waiting on the 6AN Y fittings to complete the turbo's water lines. Installed the 6AN water jacket fittings in the turbos and fully installed the passenger turbo. Had to grind more on the transmission bell housing. What a pain in the ass. Would have been nice have the T62s that would have cleared completely. The T67s do not.

New oil lines came in. Way more room to run them and get them away from the hot parts. Once the Y fittings get in, I'll run the coolant lines and finish that up.

Got the wiring finished for the scavenge pump. Flushed it out with a quart of oil and it works like a champ.

Fuel rails are installed. Just need to finish up the new setup where I'm running an independent 6AN line for the Aux pump. My E85 freaks filter is 10ORB and I ordered 8 ORB to 8AN flair fittings that will not work. So, waiting on the 10 ORB to 8AN to arrive. Might have it running this weekend.

Once it's all said and done, I still have to make my own custom cradle to frame bars. I straight up chopped that other shit out. My bag of vacuum fittings came in. Now I can add, install vacuum lines to the manifold, boost controller, gates and BOV.

So much to do.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #517
I’m glad you’re getting this experience so you can install my DMS kit
LOL, I'm going to take a line from Disney and say, this is a whole new world......of shit to work out. lol.

It's all not hard, but there's a lot to do, like....A LOT. Some of the things are self induced upgrades...and I still have to do a cam change this winter....fuck.

·
Premium Member
15,336 Posts
Reading these threads reminds me why I see myself in a totally stock Cadillac Sedan in a few years - maybe whatever the next gen turbo V8 / DCT model will be. :D

·
Premium Member
4,474 Posts
Reading these threads reminds me why I see myself in a totally stock Cadillac Sedan in a few years - maybe whatever the next gen turbo V8 / DCT model will be. :D
Maybe so, but yours is a keeper!

The biggest issue I see with these high torque engines is wheel spin.

We don't have to run high overlap cams, so that makes the car enjoyable to drive.

But one has to be ever vigilant regarding wheel spin, particularly if the road is not level,
such as with a crowned, reversed crown, or sloped road.

At some point, someone is going to narrow the third member, tub
the rear seat area, and put a damn tire on the car.

Cheers,
Bruce

·
Vendor
13,053 Posts
Maybe so, but yours is a keeper!

The biggest issue I see with these high torque engines is wheel spin.

We don't have to run high overlap cams, so that makes the car enjoyable to drive.

But one has to be ever vigilant regarding wheel spin, particularly if the road is not level,
such as with a crowned, reversed crown, or sloped road.

At some point, someone is going to narrow the third member, tub
the rear seat area, and put a damn tire on the car.

Cheers,
Bruce

501 - 520 of 522 Posts