Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

421 - 431 of 431 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #421
The check valve is in the pump/filter. The fitting that goes in the fuel line is just a T.
I have Adams hat and DW pumps waiting to be installed and already have an aux pump. When I run out of fuel, I’m doing rails and running my aux outlet up front. I was going to add the ID fuel filter assembly up front and plumb both feeds into it, the out of it split to some radium rails.
Good to know. That ID fuel filter is amazing.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
That is a fantastic idea as well. I can't see me needing more fuel than what can be supplied with two 6AN lines. I can do Adam's fuel hat to get rid of the thin in tank line and the shitty elbow (which also has been known to break) and improve in tank pump flow. Then run 6AN line from the aux to the rails.

I imagine those two can converge into a single 8AN line, then split to two 6AN into each rail. That should keep things balanced. The aux currently feeds into some kind of check valve that keeps the fuel from back flowing into the aux inlet. I'm sure there's a check valve situation out there that would stop this from happening.
I already have Adams hat with DW pumps, and a BAP which has allowed me to hit 775+whp. (safely on my ID1050x), but I'm thinking my next upgrade to the fuel system (which should be all I need for safe fuel psi) is Adams hat with the extra port so I can run the Aux kit, but not drill/tap the tank (have a buddy who will be going to FORE system soon and I'll pick up his Aux kit). And then eventually get the ID1300 for safety when its cold.. you know like 60* out. :) I do like the idea of taking the line all the way to the rail inlet, or my case to my DMS Fuelab filter.. Maybe one day I can do a sweet build like you.. haha

Reactions: JAustin

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #423
WeaponX carbon spoiler and ZL1addons wicker bill installed. Thanks for helping drill the trunk Tom......good times.

Also.......it was blistering hot yesterday and humid.

And I didn't like drilling my trunk and new $500 carbon fiber spoiler......hence the selfie soaked in sweat and a look of disgust from having drilled two things I loved (which I normally enjoy very much).

Attachments

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #425
I like that ZL1addons piece!! 👍
Thanks, I realize they aren't for everyone. I've always wanted a car that could handle and actually benefit from a "brick yard" nascar looking spoiler.....well, I got it!

·
Premium Member
4,343 Posts
WeaponX carbon spoiler and ZL1addons wicker bill installed. Thanks for helping drill the trunk Tom......good times.

Also.......it was blistering hot yesterday and humid.

And I didn't like drilling my trunk and new $500 carbon fiber spoiler......hence the selfie soaked in sweat and a look of disgust from having drilled two things I loved (which I normally enjoy very much).
You know, I got to say; normally I don't like most of these things
that people stick / glue / bolt to these cars.

But from what I can make out in the pics you supplied,
I kind of like that spoiler. .😃

Is that spoiler made from using the expensive 'Molded /' Extruded'
carbon, as that is what it appears to me.

I had a 2009 Callaway Corvette.
It had a molded carbon fiber hood scoop and rear spoiler.
Really looks 'Rich' compared to some of the phony stuff (JMHO)!

Looks good Jason!

Cheers,
Bruce

·
Premium Member
4,343 Posts
I wish someone made one for us that looks like the newer ZL1 "wing".
The new ZL1 is a great looking car.
But then again, so are some of the Mustangs (JMHO)!

If I was 20-years younger, I would be purchasing a new ZL1.. 😃

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #429
You know, I got to say; normally I don't like most of these things
that people stick / glue / bolt to these cars.

But from what I can make out in the pics you supplied,
I kind of like that spoiler. .😃

Is that spoiler made from using the expensive 'Molded /' Extruded'
carbon, as that is what it appears to me.

I had a 2009 Callaway Corvette.
It had a molded carbon fiber hood scoop and rear spoiler.
Really looks 'Rich' compared to some of the phony stuff (JMHO)!

Looks good Jason!

Cheers,
Bruce
Thanks Bruce. I love the look of the spoiler alone.....but adding the wicker bill just added sprinkles to the cake.

I'm not sure of the manufacturing process WeaponX has their "people" use, but it sure does appear to be quality.

Reactions: Rubber Duck

·
Registered
40 Posts
Drilling through the trunk makes you wanna vomit. Glad this turned out as nice as it did. I hope mine gets here soon.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Drilling through the trunk makes you wanna vomit. Glad this turned out as nice as it did. I hope mine gets here soon.
Yep! On my last road course car, it took me a couple of weeks making multiple templates and finally deciding to make them out of sheet aluminum a few times to get comfortable with cutting a brand new CF hood for Aerocatch latches. It was probably another 4-5 days with a tape measure and masking tape to verify the placement looked right, tape the template down and sleep on it then come back out the next day and verify.

The concern was that I wanted them to be black on a white car so any inconsistency would be very apparent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

421 - 431 of 431 Posts