Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

301 - 320 of 326 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,089 Posts
Quick walk-around of the V.....enjoy.

Soon to come - Carbon Fiber intake tube (4.5" ID).

Also, still working on the LSA snout project. Final revisions are underway and I should have the finished casted prototype in late December. This should be available around Feb. Excited to see what a properly fed 1.9L rotor pack can do on this 427. I plan on hitting the dyno to do a before and after comparison. Both with the 108mm TB.
Damn, you're skinny. Next you'll post pics of your "could be a model" wife, wontcha?

Right?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
74 Posts

Also, still working on the LSA snout project. Final revisions are underway and I should have the finished casted prototype in late December. This should be available around Feb. Excited to see what a properly fed 1.9L rotor pack can do on this 427. I plan on hitting the dyno to do a before and after comparison. Both with the 108mm TB.
I hope the 4.5 is a short ram air style intake?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
74 Posts

I hope the 4.5 is a short ram air style intake?

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #304
It's not. The filter is behind the driver's side fog light.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #307
Don’t do it man, stay with the 5 inch.... You will lose a lot of power with a long 4.5
My intake has always been 4.5", never ran the 5". Not a fan of the kind of crazy maff signal that comes with the 5". Not that it doesn't make power, I just prefer the 4.5".

·
Registered
525 Posts
Are you going to Coffee and Cars this Saturday? I’d love to check this thing out.

·
Registered
74 Posts
My intake has always been 4.5", never ran the 5". Not a fan of the kind of crazy maff signal that comes with the 5". Not that it doesn't make power, I just prefer the 4.5".
Smart, in some dyno testing I did (wasn’t a 427) the airaid with green filter made more than a 4.5 synergy and about even with Garrett tew 5 inch.

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Is that a fallout shelter in the floor?

·
Registered
525 Posts
Also do you have anymore pics or details on the snout project? Does it use the same bolt pattern as the Southways 108?

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
I love how mild the cam sounds and how quiet the exhaust is. I suppose wrapping the exhaust all the way to the mufflers helps.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #314
Also do you have anymore pics or details on the snout project? Does it use the same bolt pattern as the Southways 108?
It comes with it's own adapter plate. The adapter plate bolts to the stock blower and provides two lower bolt holes to accommodate the larger TB. I just removed the 108 to install and test fit the new carbon intake. I'll bring it with my so you can check it out. I'm running the 102 for the show tomorrow.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #315
I love how mild the cam sounds and how quiet the exhaust is. I suppose wrapping the exhaust all the way to the mufflers helps.
Thanks

The exhaust is only wrapped where the intercooler lines run, only a couple feet.

·
Premium Member
14,089 Posts
Thanks

The exhaust is only wrapped where the intercooler lines run, only a couple feet.
That is a nice, quiet exhaust!

Are you running resonators? If so, which ones?

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #318 (Edited)
That is a nice, quiet exhaust!

Are you running resonators? If so, which ones?

Well....the thing is, it's not quiet. The video isn't capturing how loud it is. My exhaust is SW 2" headers to 3" SW X pipe and then 2.5" on the last couple feet into Borla mufflers. No cats, no resonators. The exhaust is a little smoother because of the 120 LSA on the cam. With roots cars, no need for the tighter LSA that produces the chop chop, but gives a bit more torque at low to mid RPM. The roots blower and my 4" crank helps out with torque. This is a daily driven ride and I like vacuum to operate all the things close to stock.

I'm not knocking anyone with a 112LSA cam.....i'm jelly of your idle, but for my build and intentions, this cam is quite perfect.

CARBON FIBER INTAKE NOTE:

This thing is pretty amazing. I had to increase the maff scale about 5% throughout the entire scale. I'm no master tuner, but that tells me it's moving in more air. This is also combined with me moving back to the 102mm throttle body and removing the 108mm one. The 108mm throttle body would not work with the carbon fiber prototype. It sure looks hot though. I'll add pics in a few minutes.

I think once I get the Magnuson Heartbeat, and make the carbon intake for the 108, I'll be complete and can rest. Without a doubt I think I can make 1,000 wheel without giggle gas.....I just need more blower.....and no....I don't want the Kong 2650, at least not with using the stock lid. I hate the stock lid looks....hate it. If Kong's new lid is pretty enough, I might go that rout and 2650....or that lid and keep my 1.9L but finish porting the case. Of course, I'd probably settle for 850whp.....first world problems.

It's not like I have the tire for any of this shit anyway. :)

The photos with the silver TB are my current setup with the 102mm. The photos where you see the black TB is the 108mm. The 108 and this intake will not work. The hood will not close due to the intake elbow sticking up too high. I'll have to have a modified carbon intake to work with the 108, but like I mentioned bore, i'm flowing more air with the intake tube and 102. I can only imagine it's due to the intake tube flowing more than my dyno speed. It's also a new filter, so who knows.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
In that case, you need some 3" resonators and o.e. mufflers. No reduction in performance and no one well ever hear you coming. Especially the police.

·
Premium Member
14,089 Posts
I had 3" resonators on my old exhaust- IIRC they were 24" long effectively into stock mufflers. It had a great sound but there's only so much you can do... my wife always said it sounded like a UPS truck when I was an 1/8th mile away...

But I think I will be doing quad resonators a la TriTexan once mine is up and running.

301 - 320 of 326 Posts