Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

261 - 280 of 326 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #261
Anybody able to help me out here? The YT roller rockers seem to be wearing excessively on the roller part. Plenty of oil up there. I wonder why the roller has marks all the way around....it shouldn’t be spinning like that. Preload is .030 on Johnson 2110 lifters. I may be switching back to stock. Some look like this. Some don’t. I’ll get I touch with YT on this as well. If they missed a heat treatment or something I guess it’s a possibility.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Anybody able to help me out here? The YT roller rockers seem to be wearing excessively on the roller part. Plenty of oil up there. I wonder why the roller has marks all the way around....it shouldn’t be spinning like that. Preload is .030 on Johnson 2110 lifters. I may be switching back to stock. Some look like this. Some don’t. I’ll get I touch with YT on this as well. If they missed a heat treatment or something I guess it’s a possibility.

Thanks.
Spinning makes sense...lots going on running fast...loads that tend to cause rotation on the tip are reasonable to my engr mind...if thats not reassuring, I cant blame you...lol

Looks to me like debris/surface finish issue was present? Did you reuse valves that had been run with stock rockers?

I wouldn't fret too much at this point, just follow up and do due diligence. Monitor, discuss with YT as you care to, etc...

·
Premium Member
14,089 Posts
It appears the roller tip is being gouged while it rotates over the valve tip long enough to leave markings completely around the roller in a very uniform appearance; which makes me think it's not a defect in the roller. If the roller wasn't hardened, I'd expect it to flat-spot and stop rotating (as much)?

I'd pull the rockers and inspect the valves tips for debris or damage, and perhaps check guide wear while you're there. Are the intake rollers equally marred as the exhaust?

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #264
Thanks for the comments fellas. These were new valves, but I ran the stock rockers for 4,000 miles. They looked great when I put the RRs in. I’ll check them every so often. With long tubes and now these thinner taller valve covers, my valve train is noticeable inside that’s car....which feeds into my paranoia.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #265 (Edited)
Headers and these thin wall valve covers got me all freaked out. I need to relax before I take out my valve train for detailed inspection. I know this is pretty normal, but I have to adjust.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Headers and these thin wall valve covers got me all freaked out. I need to relax before I take out my valve train for detailed inspection. I know this is pretty normal, but I have to adjust.
Was that it?

·
Registered
525 Posts
I feel like headers brought about a similar noise in mine as well. I was paranoid I’d messed up the PR measurements for months after searching for exhaust leaks. I’ve gone over every connection with no trace of carbon buildup on the exhaust and have just decided to not pay as much attention.

I’ve never put headers on any of my prior cars though, so it’s a new experience where I’m not sure what’s normal or not. I’d love to check this thing out some time since you’re local.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #268
Was that it?
Just a short of valve train noise from inside the car. Headers and these new valve covers don’t hide the noise one bit. Will take some getting used to.

·
Registered
445 Posts
You're still on a hydraulic roller setup, correct? You didn't swap to solid? I've read so many build threads I can't keep them straight lol

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
851 Posts
Just a short of valve train noise from inside the car. Headers and these new valve covers don’t hide the noise one bit. Will take some getting used to.
Didn't sound "that bad" to me.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #271 (Edited)
Bolting on a 108 this weekend.

Attachments

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #272
You're still on a hydraulic roller setup, correct? You didn't swap to solid? I've read so many build threads I can't keep them straight lol

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Still using hydraulic.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Is that the Granatelli 108? They had one at the Sema booth

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #274

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #276
Southways?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not that either. Same China manufacture I’ve been working with since last November. I’m beating the piss out of these for R&D. Got their latest 102s pretty solid. Perfect cold start cammed idle. My last 102 with them lasted 10 months and started having TPS flux issues. Would flux 1-2% at 30% opening. They revised the electronics and sent me a new one to punish. So far that 102 is great.

This new 108 has the same electronics. I drive 55 miles a day and move some CFM past this bitch to ensure it’s strong. I’ve been doing a bunch of testing for this company. I’m super impressed with them. They want to make a solid product that performs and lasts and they won’t settle for OK performance.

Anyway, this 108 will be on today.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
14,089 Posts
#keepmeposteddickhead

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Not that either. Same China manufacture I’ve been working with since last November. I’m beating the piss out of these for R&D. Got their latest 102s pretty solid. Perfect cold start cammed idle. My last 102 with them lasted 10 months and started having TPS flux issues. Would flux 1-2% at 30% opening. They revised the electronics and sent me a new one to punish. So far that 102 is great.

This new 108 has the same electronics. I drive 55 miles a day and move some CFM past this bitch to ensure it’s strong. I’ve been doing a bunch of testing for this company. I’m super impressed with them. They want to make a solid product that performs and lasts and they won’t settle for OK performance.

Anyway, this 108 will be on today.

Cheers
Good to know. Looks a lot like the zzp one I have

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #279

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #280
261 - 280 of 326 Posts