Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 296 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Pulled the trigger today and am having Thompson Motorsports build my short block. It will consist of the Dart iron SHP block, Diamond 15cc pistons, Callies CCW 4.00 crankshaft, Callies I beam Pro connecting rods. Billet adjustable timing set with C5 chain and Cam Motion cam 5150 core, .630 intake, .600 exhaust, 233/249 @ .050. 120 LSA +4 advance.

With my FED LSA heads (2.180/1.6 valves) with a 70cc bowl my compression ratio should be between 10.1-10.2:1....I think.

This is an E-85 all the time car, so It should be happy.

Need to source a Flexplate.

More to come.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Congratulations! I heard they have great pricing for the quality of work they do. This is in my long term wish in one hand **** in the other plan.

What is their build time like?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Nice, are you doing a different blower or sticking with a max effort 1.9?

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congratulations! I heard they have great pricing for the quality of work they do. This is in my long term wish in one hand **** in the other plan.

What is their build time like?
From what I understand 4-6 weeks on custom stuff and most of that time is waiting on parts.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice, are you doing a different blower or sticking with a max effort 1.9?
This is a max effort 1.9L for now.

I had a good talk with Steve (my blowers name) and he’s cool with it. I told him I got him all the upgrades to his liquid to air intercooler system to prepare for this day. After a slow breath out....Steve said he’s cool with it. I reassured him that he would go to Jokers soon and get that full spa treatment, so we’re cool. It was a good talk.

I still have to find time to talk to my transmission. Kinda putting that off.

·
Premium Member
14,006 Posts
I saw them run a pretty sick "special" on FB forums, it was a Dart CCW 427 build for something like $7K. Seemed like a really, really good deal!

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I saw them run a pretty sick "special" on FB forums, it was a Dart CCW 427 build for something like $7K. Seemed like a really, really good deal!
That was the deal I went with. I added the rod upgrade though to the Callies pro I beam. I also did the finished block option with high volume/pressure Melling pump, spec cam, billet adjustable cam and sprocket....ect.

Pretty overbuilt for what I’m doing with it, but it’s the American way!

·
Registered
433 Posts
That was the deal I went with. I added the rod upgrade though to the Callies pro I beam. I also did the finished block option with high volume/pressure Melling pump, spec cam, billet adjustable cam and sprocket....ect.

Pretty overbuilt for what I’m doing with it, but it’s the American way!
Nothing wrong with that...I am of the same mindset, built my motor to hold 1500+, but will likely run it much closer to 1000, maybe a bit less even. I just don't want any headaches.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nothing wrong with that...I am of the same mindset, built my motor to hold 1500+, but will likely run it much closer to 1000, maybe a bit less even. I just don't want any headaches.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
That’s the plan. Hoping I can make 10lbs without high IAT2. Ive got all the intercooler system supporting mods.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Things are getting pretty serious......ARP flexplate bolts have arrived.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh my....ARP hardware for the TC and Crank to Flexplate….got to be at least 15 horsepower there?

Attachments

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Brings a tear to my eye....such a beautiful sight. few more weeks to go!

Attachments

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How reliable has 1k proven to be on this platform?
I'm assuming you are talking about 1,000 horsepower? If so, I'd say not daily driver worthy at that power level with the stock short block. IMO the clearances are too tight and the experts say things move around above 800whp....enough to start wiping bearings. With an aftermarket short block set up for that kind of power and built with better parts, it should last much longer.

Since my car will not see the track but a couple times a year, it should last a long time. I've got a solid transmission tune and should I break any hard parts....I will replace them with stronger parts. I'm on street summer tires, so i doubt I'll be tearing that stuff up.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Of course Creative Steel is out of stock on engine mounts.

I’m not paying $150 for stock when I could spend double that and never have an issue again.

·
Premium Member
14,006 Posts
Of course Creative Steel is out of stock on engine mounts.

I’m not paying $150 for stock when I could spend double that and never have an issue again.
Did they give you an ETA on replacements?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Did they give you an ETA on replacements?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
No reply yet. I sent them an email yesterday asking when the V2 mounts would be available.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
I know they were out at the end of February...according to someone who contacted me looking for mounts.

·
Premium Member
14,006 Posts
I just PM'd them - going to be at least another month. I'd rather stick with a company I know and trust.

....but I don't want to wait that long. I'll take one of yours again, Adam! :D

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
I just PM'd them - going to be at least another month. I'd rather stick with a company I know and trust.

....but I don't want to wait that long. I'll take one of yours again, Adam! :D
Lmao

1 - 20 of 296 Posts