Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Official Site Vendor
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
D3PE PROSPEED Front Mounted Heat Exchanger System

We would like to introduce our newest product for our PROSPEED CTSV series of parts. Using data and technology gained from our ZR1 heat exchanger system program, we have produced one of the highest quality units on the market. Our heat exchanger begins with its core, a genuine Denso motorsport core manufactured in the USA. These are the exact cores currently used for NASCAR radiators as well as used in the TUDOR world championship series. These cores can handle an internal pressure of 80psi, they are also have an extremely tight fin density, which dramatically increases surface area (5 tubes per inch vs most cores on the market at 2.25 tubes per inch, and less with a bar and plate air to air intercooler core), in turn increasing heat rejection. By using this higher end core we are able to run a thinner core (1.00" thick core, 1.50" tank), a thinner core allows a higher air speed through the core, helping even further with heat rejection, and allowing more air to get to the condensor/radiator. Using this thickness to our advantage, we were able to fit the core in front of the crash beam to take advantage of 100% of the grill opening also providing a very nice look to the front end. We are also able to keep the OEM air diverder flaps on the sides intact, this also helps with more airflow to the radiator. Construction of the rest of the heat exchanger is .125 aluminum which is 100% hand tig welded here in the USA. Weight is also reduced in our unit compared to others on the market, this helps prevent premature metal fatigue which can cause broken mounting points and leaking cores. This core can also be used inline with the OEM HX, however we recommend a pump upgrade, as with two cores, you will raise the system pressure and in turn lower fluid flow.

Core brand/country of origin: Denso Motorsport/USA
Core Size: 9.00" tall x 27.50" wide x 1.00" thick
Total unit size: 9.25" tall x 31.00" wide x 1.50" thick
Tubes per inch: 5
Inlet/Outlet size: 3/4" (.750")
Tank construction: .125" 5052 aluminum
Made: Houston, Texas

Retail pricing is $799.99, but we are taking preorders now for $749.99 and free shipping to the lower 48 states. Dealer inquirys welcome.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Very nice, some of us may have to trim our foam bumper support FYI.

I know my 09 the foam actually goes down to the lower grille and can actually be seen through the lower grille about 1" of the top of the lower grille is blocked by foam

Or did you guys trim it on this V?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Official Site Vendor
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very nice, some of us may have to trim our foam bumper support FYI.

I know my 09 the foam actually goes down to the lower grille and can actually be seen through the lower grille about 1" of the top of the lower grille is blocked by foam

Or did you guys trim it on this V?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, all models will require to cut the foam the same in the picture. The steps are provided in the instructions that come with our kits.

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
Good to know that even though you aren't D3 California... your prices are close :p. Hehe.

-----
Sent with my Galaxy Note 4

·
Premium Member
1,353 Posts
What's up with that white air scoop that directs air towards the intake? I don't have that!! Is that on newer Vs or is that aftermarket? Either way, I want!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 on Tapatalk

·
Official Site Vendor
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What's up with that white air scoop that directs air towards the intake? I don't have that!! Is that on newer Vs or is that aftermarket? Either way, I want!

We left that on the car for a teaser, didn't know if anyone would notice. It's a part we are designing that we 3D printed for test fitting. We will have more on that part in a couple of weeks.

·
Premium Member
1,353 Posts
We left that on the car for a teaser, didn't know if anyone would notice. It's a part we are designing that we 3D printed for test fitting. We will have more on that part in a couple of weeks.
Awesome! I really wish it was available right now because I have the bumper off getting painted (ocd, hate rock chips) along with installing a new grill w/ ATS badge, V2V splitter, cf fog buckets and hx stencil repaint.. I really hate pulling the bumper so I multitask.

Either way, looks like another great piece that I'll likely "havta" buy.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Very interested in that scoop also. H/x looks nice! Thanks for expanding the options for our community of cunts.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Evan...you sneaky fucker!! I like how you throw out the "look at the right hand and this sweet HX" and distract people to miss the new air scoop. I want one! And....it better be in the box with my HX Res....

·
Registered
405 Posts
^^^^It will likely be black (or maybe a carbon version). The bone white color is just the color of the membrane that the 3D printer uses to build the part.

·
Official Site Vendor
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
At this time we don't plan to offer a black version of the HX

1 - 14 of 14 Posts