Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Official Site Vendor
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
D3PE PROSPEED Front Mounted 3 Gallon Heat Exchanger Tank

D3PE is proud to release our first product for the CTSV in our PROSPEED series of products. This tank takes the place of the OEM washer bottle and surrounding area, adding a total of 3 gallons to the existing system, and also allows easy and fast filling/bleeding of the system. The location positions it far away from heat produced by the headers and other engine components, it also allows a large capacity without having to loose the spare tire area which forces long line lengths that produce more pressure in the system, in turn decreasing flow. The tank features full .125" aluminum construction, hand tig welded in house, with 3/4" fluid inlet and outlet, with a -8AN drain bung.

D3PE PROSPEED Washer Bottle Relocation Kit

We also offer an optional windshield washer relocation kit which consists of a new replacement washer bottle kit, bolt in adapter bracket, and a plug and play harness that connects the OEM washer motor plug to the new washer bottle motor. No modifications are needed to the vehicle and can be reversed at any time.

D3PE PROSPEED AN Quick Drain Kit

For those looking to run ice in the system or simply want an easy way to drain the system to work on the HX components, we offer our -8AN quick drain kit. This attached to the existing -8AN drain bung allows the aluminum anodized valve to be positioned in an existing hole in the factory splash shield, from there the drain line runs out of another existing hole in the splash shield. Only modification needed is a 1/4" hole drilled to fasten the valve to the shield. To drain the system, you reach under the front bumper area, turn the valve, and the tank drains. No removal of any components is needed with this kit.

Pricing:

3 Gallon HX tank system - $499.99
Windshield washer relocation kit - $89.99
AN quick drain valve kit - $99.99

Dealer inquiry's welcome!

For questions or to order, please call 832-230-1094 or email [email protected] .

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
Does this block / remove the brake duct tube?

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Very cool, and great thinking with moving the washer tank and actually replacing it with a plug in play solution!

BTW, I dream about your tig welds in my sleep. That's not weird.... right?

·
Official Site Vendor
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
6,563 Posts
Wow this looks nice! Where's Irishc6 ??

This plus the norcal tank would be a lot of cold water. Cycling the ice through the 2 tanks would likely get you a few hotlaps down the strip

Side note: I really appreciate the professional pics of your parts you guys have.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
This looks great. And a great way to add coolant capacity.

Only downside with running ice is it would be very slow to fill. And when you drain (that being the lowest point in the system) to add ice you are practically draining the entire system and allowing air to the system.

How effective and quick is it to purge all the air from the HX system to make sure our IAT2 doesn't suffer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
827 Posts
This looks great. And a great way to add coolant capacity.

Only downside with running ice is it would be very slow to fill. And when you drain (that being the lowest point in the system) to add ice you are practically draining the entire system and allowing air to the system.

How effective and quick is it to purge all the air from the HX system to make sure our IAT2 doesn't suffer?

Hasn't this already been addressed with other tanks? Looking at the first pic, it appears the top port is the return and the bottom port is the supply so air bubbles would be a non-issue. This solution looks great, a neat compromise between the 1 gal Norcal and the 5 gal trunk tanks!

·
Official Site Vendor
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hasn't this already been addressed with other tanks? Looking at the first pic, it appears the top port is the return and the bottom port is the supply so air bubbles would be a non-issue. This solution looks great, a neat compromise between the 1 gal Norcal and the 5 gal trunk tanks!
The OEM fill spout stays in location, you use this as an air bleed. We run this exact setup on the ZR1s, fill time is very fast.

·
Registered
15 Posts
looks great! I might want to upgrade later on :)

·
Official Site Vendor
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Could you please post a picture of the water tank not installed in the vehicle? I would like to see how the neck connects to the tank. Thanks!
The filler neck connects to the tank using a 2.50" silicone coupler, it is a tube to tube connection.

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
EDIT: I didn't know D3 and D3PE were different companies. Sorry!!!

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Looks good and I've thought about doing something similar on a custom basis, but to be honest the quality of the D3 air inlet covers reported on this site in multiple threads makes me suspect of the quality of all D3 products.
This is a different company with zero relationship to D3 Cadillac.

·
Super Moderator
17,270 Posts
D3PE needs to make sure to somehow make their advertising say they are NOT D3 in california.

People will continue to confuse this and we know the negative reviews D3 Cali gets.

Ftr I have seen d3pe stuff for camaros and it is top notch!!!

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
All the cool kids will know, because they hang out here...

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
The filler neck connects to the tank using a 2.50" silicone coupler, it is a tube to tube connection.
How large is the opening of the fill cap? When the system is full, does it fill right up to the top of the fill cap?

·
Official Site Vendor
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The cap opening is 2.50", when filling you will fill it up to about 2.00" before the top.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts