Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,887 Posts
We are only using the intercoolers in the supercharger with our HX system.
So you are measuring boost after the turbo as well as after the SC. How do the temps look? Do you have after turbo, after SC, and after intercooler? Just curious how much heat you are dealing with...

·
Registered
415 Posts
On their thread on the corvette forum the owner posted this yesterday:
Was doing some test hits and checking everything out yesterday on the new tire and after a few back to back pulls with just water in the system no ice the highest it saw was 135. I haven't iced down the 10 gallon system we have in the car yet to see how much it affects the temps but once I do I will report back.
I also saw a post about pre-TB and post SC boost numbers but I can't find them anywhere. I'm watching the build on instagram, facebook, here, corvette forum and I bug all of them via chat all the time too :p
The dyno was at 35psi from what I read but I'll let the guys answer all your questions, they know better than I do, I'm just an HP stalker :D

EDIT - owner also posted this
As far as boost the car is on a 2.35 upper pulley and stock diameter lower. I would suspect it would be about 10 lbs on my heads and can and header set up if it was just blower ( would be 15-16 on a stock head cam car). Turbo is putting out 23/24 lbs and it's making about 36 manifold pressure post rotor

Read more: http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...acing-s-compound-boost-zr1.html#ixzz3oSp5p3i9

·
Registered
415 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
damn this is a crazy build.

Volvo now has a supercharged/turbo 4 banger out on many production cars. Compound boosting is kind of unusual but I think it's cool as hell.

Wish I had 120k sitting around right about now. Lol!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts