Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I need to adress to you this situation , my car came w a d3 rear difuser installed on my 2011 coupe. It looks great , but i went to the 1/2 event on the local air strip . Your diffuser acted on my car like a parchutte , it broke of my rear bumper cover brakets etc. I wanted to contact you to see what you guys can say about it

·
here nor there
4,201 Posts
Hi

I need to adress to you this situation , my car came w a d3 rear difuser installed on my 2011 coupe. It looks great , but i went to the 1/2 event on the local air strip . Your diffuser acted on my car like a parchutte , it broke of my rear bumper cover brakets etc. I wanted to contact you to see what you guys can say about it
I think you have the wrong D3

You want these guys =====> D3 Outlet

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Unless you're running a flat undertray, with an appropriate chassis rake, and a ride height that's not too low to choke the underflow, it's going to be tough to make any diffuser work.

I don't know about the D3 one, but most passenger car diffusers are cosmetic only.

·
Vendor
1,728 Posts
It looks good with some bodywork, but their diffuser isn't functional. I just made myself a functional belly pan/diffuser. Still gotta make the exhaust tip. I've had it to 145 ish. Car was covered in dust after a track day except above the diffuser.

Attachments

·
here nor there
4,201 Posts
It looks good with some bodywork, but their diffuser isn't functional. I just made myself a functional belly pan/diffuser. Still gotta make the exhaust tip. I've had it to 145 ish. Car was covered in dust after a track day except above the diffuser.
I like those little plates covering the reflector housings. Nice.

·
Dat ass
1,677 Posts
Any pics of the damage? Not sure how it would act as a parachute the way the front vertical piece blocks off any airflow to the bumper. Do you have factory exhaust?

How fast were you going in the 1/2?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hello

We routinely have our vehicles over 150mph on the track and have no issues as long at the front flat block off plate is fit to your exhaust there is no way for the diffuser to act as a parachute.
You can email me directly if you'd like at [email protected] or call us at 562-595-8518 10am to 6pm monday thru friday.

Thank You
Daniel

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well is hard to explain , yes i have factory mufflers , i trapped 160 1/2 mile , the diffuser it self bulged on the middle , air got in to it and it ballooomed on the bottom of the car ! it even broke of my factory bumper! Ripped off the sides , shame this happened i loved the waynit looked but is not functional!!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My friend there is a way because it did it!!! Air some hiw got in the middle off the diffuser and pull it down , im not trying to bashh anyone . Im asking because my car came w this it looks goregeous bit htis happened and is not going back to the car unless im 100% sure this is not going to happen again

1 - 10 of 10 Posts