Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan WDT
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having trouble finding boxes to ship my heads to a porter.

Any recommendations? If not, does someone have the size of box I need to ship these heads?

Thank you,

John

·
Registered
822 Posts
I just went to a local owned moving/shipping store and let them pack them up and ship them. I think it was $30-40 in packing materials and they made the trip there and back with no poke throughs in the box or damage to the heads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2009 Sedan
1,357 Posts
It helps to line top, bottom, and sides with cut up cardboard too.

When I shipped the ported lsa heads that I sold off my munched engine, I used two bolts and bolted the heads together, so there was NO chance of the sealing surface getting screwed up if UPS or FedEx threw the box around.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
When I bought heads there were double layers of high quality cardboard protecting the machined surface, and lots of bubble wrap around the remaining sides.

I'd double box on top of that as they are heavy enough to get some momentum in the delivery process.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2012 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan WDT
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I mean for stuff like heads Uline has you covered for $50 too. Definitely not as awkward to ship as a blower
I mean for stuff like heads Uline has you covered for $50 too. Definitely not as awkward to ship as a blower
That's a good idea. I will just need to measure the heads and get boxes a bit larger than the heads.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I tried to go back through old pics to see if I had anything. I’m 90% certain each head was bubble wrapped and put in separate cardboard boxes. Those boxes where then put in a single HD cardboard box that had minimal wriggle room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,421 Posts
2-Pieces of plywood for each head.
Cut the plywood slightly larger than the head.

Deck side is easy, but the rocker arm side can be difficult
and this is where a lot of bubble pack can help.

Wrap in thick bubble pack and tape together with duct tape.

Then put each head into two strong double cartons.

Cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.