Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
UPDATE:

I returned the PENDOO boxes to AMAZON as they would not work with AMAZON PRIME videos.

My "registered device" account would not list them after verifying. PENDOO sent me a very shitty video on upgrading the firmware.

The video was for a different box, and very crudely done.

I bought a ROKU "ULTRA" and it works great.

Only $20 more then the PENDOO.

I told AMAZON it was ridiculous, if you do a search for the best Android boxes, the PENDOO pops up as #2 with links to AMAZON for purchase.

How can AMAZON promote something that doesn't support AMAZON?

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
UPDATE:

I returned the PENDOO boxes to AMAZON as they would not work with AMAZON PRIME videos.

My "registered device" account would not list them after verifying. PENDOO sent me a very shitty video on upgrading the firmware.

The video was for a different box, and very crudely done.

I bought a ROKU "ULTRA" and it works great.

Only $20 more then the PENDOO.

I told AMAZON it was ridiculous, if you do a search for the best Android boxes, the PENDOO pops up as #2 with links to AMAZON for purchase.

How can AMAZON promote something that doesn't support AMAZON?
I think you are confused how Amazon marketplace works. This shit isn't endorsed by amazon and its on you to figure out if what you are buying will work.
That Pendoo thing is an android tv box from china that looks like its mainly made to work with KODI. I don't see anywhere they say it works with Amazon Prime Video...

Also, I wouldn't trust a random Chinese device to be plugged into my network all the time who the fuck knows what it would be sending back to the mothership.

This is on you though for not doing your homework and assuming amazon is anything more and a marketplace where anyone can sell their shit.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I have a question for you other cutters.

To watch CBS Select or "unlock" ABC you have to provide to them your "cable" provider. If I've cut the cable I don't have one, so I have to wait the week until the show on them is unlocked. How do you get around it?

Also, same thing for HBO. I don't have cable so I can't watch HBO unless I pay for that subscription....correct?

·
Registered
2,421 Posts

To watch CBS Select or "unlock" ABC you have to provide to them your "cable" provider. If I've cut the cable I don't have one, so I have to wait the week until the show on them is unlocked. How do you get around it?

Also, same thing for HBO. I don't have cable so I can't watch HBO unless I pay for that subscription....correct?
Not sure about the CBS of ABC questions I don't watch or care about anything on normal networks. I have some coworkers that pay for Youtube TV or Sling if they want normal TV programs on demand but I haven't looked into it much.

For HBO you need to get HBO max (or HBOgo or HBOnow but at the moment HBO max is the best bang for your buck). ATT gives it free with my internet and cell plans.
You could also pay for the HBO add on on Hulu or Amazon streaming if you don't want the standalone service for some reason.

·
Registered
584 Posts

I use Kodi with Gaia/Premiumize/NZBGeek. New shows are typically available to stream within an hour of the show airing, regardless of network. Been using it this way (with an anonymous VPN of course) for several years with no issues.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

21 - 26 of 26 Posts