Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to dump cable, but only after I have lived with the OTA (over the air) system for awhile.

The one I got is called a TABLO and it transmits all the OTA it receives over the home network.

I ended up having to get a good antenna, so I got a WINEGUARD bad boy.

I am sticking it in the attic as the HOA won't let me put it outside.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Nice, those may even pick up alien transmissions.
Where did you purchase them? I may upgrade my OTA antenna.

Sent from my iPhone using motherf’n Tapatalk!

·
Registered
907 Posts
Nice. I'm just using a little indoor antenna. May have to upgrade.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I use the ClearStream 4-Loop Outdoor HDTV Antenna by Antennas Direct and love it.

Cut the cable 4 or 5 years ago.

Matter of fact I jumper into the existing cabling junction box outside of the house, to route the signal from antenna to the rooms of my house.

Get just internet (1Mb) from Wow for $40/mth and use wifi for smart TV.

·
Registered
236 Posts
OTA is the way to go. The picture quality is heads and shoulders better than cable.

I cut the cord back in 2003 and haven't looked back. I now have an automated Usenet server that pulls down and organizes all of my entertainment.

·
Registered
569 Posts
OTA is the way to go. The picture quality is heads and shoulders better than cable.

I cut the cord back in 2003 and haven't looked back. I now have an automated Usenet server that pulls down and organizes all of my entertainment.
Ever thought about going the Kodi route, and only stream without storing any of the content?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
569 Posts
That they are!

I'm curious why you prefer kodi and streaming?
Well I had everything setup on my NAS, and it worked fine, but ultimately I wanted to get away from storing the content. Not really for the space, just having it on my device/network period. Once I got the trakt integration setup in Kodi, and got my Usenet integrated in Kodi... It was just much more convenient, and with internet speeds becoming so much better, streaming just made more sense. I stream 4k for most everything I watch through Kodi, and it's great.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Been living with the TABLO for a couple of days.

I had to remove the unit from the attic as the wi-fi signal just didn't cut it and the brand new hard drive I use for storage failed.

I decided attic installation is only good for the antenna.

I had a LAN connection available so that was duck soup.

I can now watch stuff on my iPad as well as any computer/device on the home network.

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
I use the ClearStream 4-Loop Outdoor HDTV Antenna by Antennas Direct and love it.

Cut the cable 4 or 5 years ago.

Matter of fact I jumper into the existing cabling junction box outside of the house, to route the signal from antenna to the rooms of my house.

Get just internet (1Mb) from Wow for $40/mth and use wifi for smart TV.
My setup is similar. I have my antenna in the attic and it plugs into the junction where the cable used to come in. I have a small signal amp in the basement and it feeds every room in the house. I only pay for internet and stream everything else. Unfortunately there is no competition in my area currently so "only" paying for internet now costs 100+/mo for 50mbps :mad:

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
My setup is similar. I have my antenna in the attic and it plugs into the junction where the cable used to come in. I have a small signal amp in the basement and it feeds every room in the house. I only pay for internet and stream everything else. Unfortunately there is no competition in my area currently so "only" paying for internet now costs 100+/mo for 50mbps :mad:
That sucks. My Wow is 40/mth

1 - 14 of 14 Posts