Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been debating for a while on these. Curious how many you guys have them. Ive currently got kooks long tubes going to factory mufflers. I know there's good ones that are more reliable than others. Thoughts?

Thanks boys

·
Premium Member
970 Posts
Over 3 years on QTP's with no issues. Use them every day.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok kool... Size would depend on what size x pipe you have whether 2.5 or 3?

·
Premium Member
970 Posts
I run the low profile set.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Why would you want to change from the headers/stock system? Just asking.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry, Im not looking to change the system. Just looking to bypass mufflers ever once and a while when it is "appropriate" or just not on my street lol. I have a new cam going in next week along with a lower, meth and cooling upgrades and thought while it was it was there and I'm not driving it, they could install them for me. And yes I got hit with the mod bug hard.. Lol

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lol.... Shit.. That was actually pretty cool. I'm sure I put a few Gretzky rookies in there. So that's a yes?

·
Registered
207 Posts
I lost 25ish-whp on the dyno with them open.

If you do the mod, it is purely for making a racket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Dick Pickles
5,785 Posts
I’ve never had cut outs on a car, let alone a Caddy. They are just too damn loud and usually lose back pressure.
My T/A, when it was running :cautious:, had 12” bullets dumped under the driver seat. It has a 16:1 compression, solid roller 408 with 58 degrees of overlap, on a 7000 stall. It could be heard for miles. I’m pretty sure I have hearing loss from driving that damn thing. Or as “Unavowed” says, earfucked.:whistle:

·
Registered
48 Posts
I would say get them. You get the best of both worlds. When you want the extra noise, open them up. If not, close them. I have 1-7/8 ARH headers, 3" x pipe, qtp low profile cutouts. Had them for about 3 yrs. and satisfied with the set up.The cons of getting them. Some say they have motor failures from them. A pretty simple fix if that were to happen.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ya they are currently on back order but put an order in. Should come in by late February. While I was at it, I ordered a new set of Forgestar d5 17“s and skinnies up front. Oh ya... I got the mod bug bad!

·
Registered
773 Posts
You know you have it bad when you are on a first name basis with the UPS driver.

Reactions: jcs003

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh you mean Rob or Tony? Lol

·
Premium Member
970 Posts
My 60 to 140 datalogs are identical with the cutouts opened or closed.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I don't have cutouts on my V but I have been debating getting some. But I did have a set of DMH low profile cutouts on my 04' Cobra and was very pleased with them. After like 5 years one did start to rattle but Dave (the owner) still honored their 4 year warranty, even outside of the 4 years, and actually replaced them both free of charge. He does have a reputation for not being the best with communication, if you order direct through DMH (you can get them through other vendors), and I would say that's an accurately earned reputation. But he's also very willing to stand behind his product. Just another option if QTP's are on back order or you want to consider another product.

And like you, I only had them on my Cobra for audible entertainment purposes every now and again... the same reason I'm considering putting them on my V. But like my V (stock headers, secondary cats and stock mufflers) my Cobra was pretty quiet compared to most... that's my preference, but it's nice to let them be obnoxious every now and again. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
1,779 Posts
My 60 to 140 datalogs are identical with the cutouts opened or closed.
Then... why have them? Serious question, not judging anyone. I have considered them, but as a novelty. No purpose other than a bigger bark. I would tint windows first. They at least have a purpose/function.
When I got my V, it has Kooks long tube headers, straight pipes. Great sound when you were getting on it, so I understand that aspect of cut out.
Since then, I installed Magnaflow resonators X2, and OEM mufflers. No regrets. No hearing loss. Nobody thinking in compensating.

Sent from my iPhone using motherf’n Tapatalk!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts